Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We are currently searching for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Leafly team. The Business Intelligence Analyst partners with internal business units to address strategic and operational questions facing the business. We are looking for someone who enjoys the technical aspects of coding, data analysis, solving complex problems, and data advocacy to solve exciting business problems, as well as interacting with our staff and senior leaders to drive business results. In this position you will design queries to extract data from large database systems, and analyze this data to assist cross-functional business teams in deciphering our complex marketplace to help our customers succeed.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Very Strong SQL query writing skills with a passion for turning data into data models that help others unlock insights. Ability to easily adapt to frequently changing priorities and fast paced environment. The ability to identify unreasonable results and a well-tuned sense of skepticism. Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality results-oriented output. Solid analysis and problem-solving skills. Positive attitude and impeccable work ethic. Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Partnering with our business teams to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift
- Reviewing business unit’s performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new and existing initiatives
- Developing and testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities
- Measure effectiveness of recommendations and perform analytical deep-dives to resolve problems or identify opportunities
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports – all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment to service the needs of our full range of end users
- Participate in engaging with teams to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Create descriptive and / or predictive models to directly support thought leadership and brand education. Assess and confirm performance of visualizations, models and analysis
- Ongoing evaluation of available structured and unstructured data sets. Perform advanced analytics from a variety of data sources (Google Analytics, Big Query, PostgresSQL, Salesforce)
- Proficiency at SQL Query development (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Google Big Query, Amazon Redshift)
- 4-year degree in numerical or analytical field (Engineering, Math, Economics, Commerce, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, Looker, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, SPSS, SAS, or MATLAB etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLookup)
- Web and marketing analytics skills (e.g, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) are preferred.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.