Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Dockside Cannabis is a Washington State Licensed (I-502) retailer specializing in quality medical and recreational cannabis products and accessories. We currently manage stores in Shoreline, SODO, Ballard, and 85th & Aurora.
Nights and weekends required
Starting wage of $14.50/ hour. Eligible for tip pool after 30 days of employment.
Dockside is committed to being a leader in the legal cannabis industry. Here’s a little of what makes us different:
- We opened one of the first medical dispensaries in Washington State, and were the very first to be certified as a reliable source for quality cannabis products under the Patient Focused Certification program.
- Dockside offers industry-leading wages and benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
- We offer a drug-free workplace. While Dockside employees enjoy a generous 40% employee discount and product samples to aid in their education, we expect employees to consume cannabis responsibly and on their own time.
- Living Dockside isn’t about escaping life. It’s a launch point for exploring the world, accomplishing great things, but always coming back to the people and values that matter.
Delivering the Dockside experience to Employees, Customers and our Community requires hiring and retaining the very best team. We are looking for an individual with retail experience, excellent customer service skills, exceptional leadership capabilities and proven retail experience. We are looking for leaders not afraid of wearing many hats and managing a constantly changing workflow. We need smart, passionate, and creative people ready to take the road less traveled and excited by the challenge of building a new business in a rapidly growing industry.
The Shift Lead is responsible for assisting the store management team in promoting the needs and wellbeing of the staff and the business as we implement the mission, vision and values of Dockside and the Management Team. The Shift Lead must lead the store in a fast paced and ever changing working environment, while maintaining an eye for excellence and driving the staff to exceed all revenue goals.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of Dockside
- Maintains a calm demeanor and leadership presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to deliver the Dockside experience during each shift
- Supports associates by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing problems or changes in associate morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager
- Creates a positive and effective environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to associates on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve associate performance
- Delivers exceptional customer service to all customers. Discovers and responds to customer needs
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned
- Follows and ensures team compliance with Dockside operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift. Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by team
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Follows health, safety and regulatory guidelines
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Required demonstrated skills and abilities:
- Ability to make solid business decisions, problem-solve, and multi-task in a highly dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
- Consultative sales experience in matching products or services to the specific needs of the customer
- Ability to work in a team setting and conduct and present oneself in a highly professional manner with both customers and internal personnel
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback on work performance
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 /hour
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekends required
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible