Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
High Park Company develops and distributes world-class cannabis brands for the adult-use market in Canada and Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America.
Together, we strive to improve quality of life through cannabis, by leading, legitimizing and defining the future of the global industry.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Reporting, the Technical Accounting Manager is responsible for being a key resource for complex, non-recurring technical accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP. This includes analysis for new transactions proposed and/or entered into, assisting with purchase price allocations for acquisitions, proactively identifying and evaluating upcoming new accounting developments and their impact on the company, as well as providing day to day advice on accounting policies and best practices. This role works closely with accounting and operational staff across the global organization, including USA, UK, Australia, Portugal, Chile and Canada.
Role and Responsibilities
- Draft technical memos and succinctly present issues and conclusions to management for transactions including investments, business combinations, joint venture arrangements, financing arrangements, revenue recognition
- Assist with timely adoption of all required Accounting Standards Updates
- Prepare / review journal entries and SEC disclosures for complex accounting matters
- Review agreements and provide recommendations to legal and M&A teams for proposed transactions to assess accounting impact
- Prepare purchase price allocations for business combinations, including coordination with third-party valuation experts and external auditors
- Perform ongoing assessments related to impairment, fair value accounting, etc
- Implement accounting policies to standardize procedures among globally entities
- Assist with statutory reporting requirements globally
- Assist with the external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and protocols related to the Company’s SOX processes and controls
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA license required
- 4+ years Public/Big 4 accounting experience; large, complex, public company clients
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Experience with SEC filings
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Strong work ethic
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.