Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. First application review will begin April 21, 2020 and then ongoing on a weekly basis. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor’s proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.Your opportunity at a glanceAs the Application Support Specialist (ITSA – Entry), the focus of your position is application support for the agency’s mission-critical COTS/SaaS applications. Under direct supervision, you will be responsible for SaaS/COTS application account maintenance and support of agency SharePoint sites. Further responsibilities include providing technical support to SharePoint users, account management, permissions related to these systems. Note that some problems may be of an urgent and critical nature, requiring work to be completed beyond scheduled working hours to bring systems back online.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the Application Support Specialist, you will provide SharePoint 2013 site administration, support for the agency’s SaaS and COTS Solutions, and work with vendors to assist in the resolution of complex systems problems.
Your primary duties will include:
- Responsible for assisting in the administration and maintenance of SharePoint site and sub-sites.
- Manages the permissions, groups and access to SharePoint sites.
- Provide Tier 2 support for users of agency SharePoint sites.
- Serves as point of contact for division SharePoint users.
- Provide guidance to business units on structure of their sites.
- Responsible for account creation and maintenance for Marijuana Seed-to-Sale Traceability, Dynamics GP, DocuSign, Box, and Airlift services
- Assist with administration, maintenance, and support of SaaS and COTS solutions Laserfiche and Drupal.
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leads.
- Create knowledge base articles to assist in problem resolution.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding service connectivity and performance problems.
- Create or modify features in existing solution.
Working level knowledge in the following areas:
- Creating and maintaining SharePoint document libraries, lists and collections.
- SaaS and COTS (non Microsoft) enterprise-wide multi-tier applications.
- Active Directory with specific focus on user and group permissions.
- Information technology system maintenance, troubleshooting, problem resolution, of computer systems applications or databases.
- Business intelligence application administrator managing the data sources and environments.
And awareness of:
- Applied experience in the design of user interfaces and the design, creation and organization of SharePoint site collections that support the individual business units of the agency.
- Advanced technical knowledge configuring and maintaining SaaS and COTS solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences. Professional and courteous in all interactions, great interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.