Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply..
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
High Park Company develops and distributes world-class cannabis brands for the adult-use market in Canada and Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America.
Together, we strive to improve quality of life through cannabis, by leading, legitimizing and defining the future of the global industry.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
The Global Corporate Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for overseeing all accounting functions including corporate accounting, international accounting, SEC reporting, technical accounting, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and audit management. The Global Corporate Controller’s focus includes regulatory compliance and practices and collaborating with the CFO to develop financial strategies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CFO to determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions;
- Direct and lead accounting teams in the development, implementation and oversight of company-wide accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and annual external and internal financial close and reporting processes, ensuring that an effective system is in place to meet close deadlines and audit requirements;
- Coordinate the timely and accurate completion of the Company’s Quarterly SEC Form 10-Q and Annual Form 10-K filings as well as any other filings required by the SEC in various transactions;
- Serve as the principle liaison with the Company’s external auditors to ensure smooth annual and quarterly financial statement and SOX compliance audit;
- Communicate pending changes in accounting rules and regulations to senior management which carry financial or operational implications and partner with senior management to resolve them;
- Establish appropriate standards for quality and efficiency of the financial reporting process
- Provide strategic proactive business and shared service advice and support to achieve business objectives and initiatives;
- Develop, recruit, mentor and strengthen the accounting team throughout the organization;
- Participate in and support any merger and acquisition, joint venture formation, asset and/or business sales/disposition accounting and analysis, with a focus on the early identification and communication of how each transaction will be accounted for;
- Present key accounting issues and topics to the audit committee with the CFO each quarter;
- Strong trusted partner to the CFO who contributes across strategic and day to day operations
- Lead accounting integrations of any acquired or merged businesses including; establishment of accounting structure, policies, accounting treatment, etc.
Skills – Experience and Requirements
- Successful experience ensuring a company’s adherence to sound accounting policies and US GAAP;
- A demonstrated and sound knowledge of financial activities, policies and processes, including consolidations, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, and US GAAP compliance;
- Play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements including the evolution of shared services and the acceleration of efficiency initiatives;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships and trust with business unit personnel/operations;
- Proven initiator, innovator and influencer who can drive change, improve processes, and provide sound solutions to complex and routine business issues;
- Well-developed negotiation skills and business management acumen as they relate to solving complex accounting issues that have operational impacts;
- Experience in presenting to Audit Committees and other internal and external decision makers;
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills to effectively delegate and develop teammates in the accounting department;
- Intellectual curiosity, as reflected in a willingness to take on new challenges and a commitment to implementing great ideas regardless of their origin;
- Ability to utilize a direct and pro-active approach when dealing with difficult issues;
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities under a tight deadline.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field;
- Seven to ten (7-10) years’ experience split between time in a leadership role with a Big 4 accounting firm(s) and a publicly-traded company(s) or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA is highly desirable;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate required;
- 7-10+ years demonstrated progressive responsible financial leadership roles;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a fast-paced team with a strategic big picture mindset;
- Experienced with communicating and presenting the financial performance and leading indicators of the company to all levels of the company including C-level executives;
- Ability to multi-task, navigate through ambiguity, and manage conflict and difficult conversations;
- Willingness to collaborate with a broad range of functional groups and understand their business processes, concerns, and requirements.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
- No match10Q
- No matchU.S. SEC Filings
- No matchTechnical Accounting Research
- No matchU.S. GAAP Reporting
- No matchSarbanes-Oxley Act
- No match10K
- No matchConsolidated Financial Statements
- No matchU.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Contact the job poster
Ross Fenwick 2nd
Talent Acquisition Manager at TilraySend InMail
- Alternative Medicine
- Consumer Goods