Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.High Park Company develops and distributes world-class cannabis brands for the adult-use market in Canada and Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America.Together, we strive to improve quality of life through cannabis, by leading, legitimizing and defining the future of the global industry.If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.Responsible for the production and drafting of the company’s financial statement filings with the SEC (10K, 10Q, etc.). They will also design, implement, and oversee global policies and processes. Strong exposure to GAAP, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes Oxley is required. This role works closely with accounting and operational staff across the global organization, including USA, UK, Australia, Portugal, Chile and Canada and is expected to be able to anticipate, address and resolve any accounting issues that arise, working closely with senior management to come up with solutions in a timely and effective manner.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation, accurate reporting, and filing of SEC reports for a publicly traded company, including Forms 10K, 10Q, 8K.
- Ensure compliance with SEC regulations and GAAP accounting.
- Remain current on new pronouncements and technical accounting issues. Analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB and prepare memorandums summarizing the impact on the Company and corporate accounting policy.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for key complex accounting areas including Investments, Joint Ventures, Equity and Stock-based Compensation, and Goodwill and Intangibles, as well as coordinating the annual goodwill impairment analysis.
- Create, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to promote consistency in the accounting treatment throughout the organization.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by external auditors.
- Assist Finance with other initiatives/projects, as requested. Prepare / review supporting schedules for quarterly and annual financial statements, ensuring reasonability and review/approvals for SOX compliance
- Review consolidated results and follow-up with divisional finance teams on variances and issues as required
- Review quarterly earnings release, including critically assessing executive and investor information
- Prepare quarterly financial statement disclosure checklist and review XBRL tagging
- Coordinate with the legal, operations and other teams to consolidate required information for the management, discussion and analysis (MD&A) and proxy
- Prepare and maintain the quarterly financial reporting calendar, including coordinating with external auditors and executives from the finance, legal and investor relations teams
- Identify and implement process improvements in the month-end / quarter-end close process to ensure it is performed accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepare / review accounting memos for transactions, including investments, business combinations, joint arrangements, revenue recognition, lease accounting
- Work closely with the Manager, Technical Accounting to ensure complex and non-routine transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP and appropriately disclosed such as mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, new product initiatives etc., adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-10 years experience in a multi-national company environment and/or Big 4 accounting firm experience
- 3+ years SEC Reporting Experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Active CPA designation required
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of ERP systems
- Experience with XBRL tagging
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work streams and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate internationally, at all levels of the organization, and across other functional areas
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Preferred knowledge of manufacturing and Consumer Product Goods Industry
- Capable of working in fast paced deadline driven environment
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com