Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
LeafWerx is an i-502 commercial marijuana production and processing facility in East Wenatchee Washington. LeafWerx is a production/growing division, and we pride ourselves on producing some of the highest quality product on the market.
We are seeking a Cultivation Trainee to join our growing i502 company. As a Cultivation Trainee, you will be responsible for assisting with operating the cultivation facility to meet company targets and policies. All tasks are assigned and performed with the goal of maximizing crop yield and potency while minimizing costs and ensuring compliance with all Washington Regulations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Reliably executing cultivation tasks as determined by the Director of Cultivation
· Participates in aspects of plant cultivation including pruning, de-leafing, transplanting, irrigating, cloning, trellising, and sanitizing grow rooms and tools
· Monitor ideal growing conditions such as temperature, humidity, CO2, plant media saturation, etc.
· Report any event or condition that might affect plant growth and development to their Lead or Director of Cultivation
· Identify threats to plants including nutrient deficiencies/toxicities, diseases, insects, mold and other pests
· Accurately documenting plant movements, plant deletions, and clone additions
· Practice safety regulations and policies
· Maintain cleanliness of all work-spaces and assigned areas
· Occasionally assist the Production team with harvesting and post-harvest processing (bucking, trimming, drying, etc.)
· Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some holidays
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all employees
· Knowledge and familiarity with Cannabis
· Ability to work independently or with a team
· Proficient using basic hand tools and power tools
· Ability to perform efficiently in a high-stress, fast-paced environment with professionalism
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Basic math skills including adding and subtracting
· This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
· Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
· Regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than seventy-five pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
· Ability to work in hot and humid environments for extended periods of time
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Must be legally allowed to work in the USA
· Must be 21 years of age
· High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
· Availability to work outdoors from 8-12 hours per day, a flexible schedule, including weekends and some holidays
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
· Site is operating 7-days/week. Days and work hours will vary and are subject to change. To start the hours will be 8 am to 2 pm and later change to 7 am to 4 pm
· $13.50/hr. starting hourly wage for all new employees
· Weekend differentials $1/hr. on Sat and $2/hr. on Sun
**You must be 21+ years old to work on an i-502 farm. Valid US ID is required. Prospective employees may be subject to background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- What is your knowledge and familiarity with cannabis?
Are you available to work weekends and some holidays?
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply