Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
New Leaf Enterprises is a Tier-3 Cannabis Producer/Processor in South Seattle. Our mission is to provide consistent, high-quality cannabis and extracts in Washington state. We are a small company with a strong presence, and right now we’re looking to add an experienced Shipping Manager/Lead to our team!
The Shipping Manager/Lead will assist with all aspects of the warehouse day to day operations including shipping, receiving and inventory management. The ideal candidate will execute great attention to detail, be able to take direction well and exhibit professionalism on a daily basis while working in a fast pace environment. We are looking for candidate who is ambitious, motivated, and looking to grow with an established company that has been serving the cannabis community since 2012. We are innovative but hand-crafted, and to achieve that quality we need people committed to growth and success. We ask our team to work smart and hard, and in exchange we offer flexible schedules and an open-minded environment. All voices are important, and as a part of our team you will be heard. Plus, our 5-year plan offers plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Here’s what we’re looking for (please include your Cover Letter and Resume if you want to be seriously considered):
- Responsible for processing, picking, packing, shipping orders.
- Print, track, and apply all product labels for outgoing orders utilizing our traceability system (MisterKraken) and Bartender software.
- Support all tasks related to warehousing including placing products in inventory locations and processing transactions in our inventory management system (MisterKraken).
- Responsible for physically receiving incoming inventory and verifying accuracy (batch info, weight, and name) and for performing initial quality assurance checks upon receipt.
- Verifying packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price, etc.) and allocating them to their designated locations.
- Works closely with Sales Department to ensure all order requirements are met, are 100% accurate, and processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all outbound manifests/deliveries, schedules, and routing (driver/vehicle/other logistics).
- Will assist with problem solving in regards to shipping routes, delayed items, and rush orders.
- Stages outgoing orders in distribution cage for pick-up.
- Organize stock and maintain inventory. Responsible for physically organizing inventory in designated areas in Department, on labeled shelves and in numerical/alphabetical order.
- Will assist with Sales Orders and Invoices as needed.
- Will assist with Inventory Management, Audits and Receiving.
- Responsible for coordinating with compliance team, managers, and lead associates to address quality assurance/compliance concerns.
- Working with the production teams for all projects in execution to insure the timely delivery of materials.
- Unloading/loading trucks and deliveries as needed.
- Performs other shipping/receiving/office duties, as requested.
- Adapts to a variety of working environments, including Trimming and Packaging Departments, and is able to interact professionally with a range of employees.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Minimum 1+ year of I-502 Shipping and Receiving experience (required).
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred.
- Prior I-502 traceability systems experience such as Leaf Data, GrowFlow, Green Bits, MisterKraken, BioTrack (preferred).
- Must be Detail-Oriented. We’re in a highly-regulated industry and getting things right is essential.
- Demonstration of solid math/reasoning skills, and takes initiative when performing their daily tasks.
- Strong working knowledge/conceptual understanding of computer programs, operating systems and web apps is a plus. We work across multiple software platforms and this position requires some troubleshooting.
- Must be a team player with a strong spirit of cooperation and ability to communicate. We operate with a “lean manufacturing” mentality that requires teams and departments to help one another out when needed, and to communicate honestly and often.
- Must be willing and able to follow Standard Operating Procedures accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years old & have reliable transportation (transit counts, we’re right on bus route #132).
- Excellent influential, collaborative, and relationship building skills.
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism.
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in WA licensed facilities.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding marijuana related charges).
- Requires ability to lift, walk, stoop, bend, reach, extend, and crouch and lift up to 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.75 to $19.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- management/supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- cannabis shipping/receiving: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift