Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Lehua Brands is an award-winning specialty manufacturer of high-quality cannabis-infused products and extracts. We make a variety of individual products that are spread across multiple product categories and brands such as Olala and Mortimers craft cannabis soda, Voila! all-natural cannabis sparking water, Andiamo cannabis coffee, Haku Live Resin, Haku Humidor and HERBOLOGY vape cartridges. Our culture is progressive and very much in support of our mission to “change the world by disrupting cannabis conventions, keeping life chilled” We are a multi-state company (Washington and California) with a portfolio comprised exclusively of organic brands in WA state. Our executive team has extensive experience and success in the adult beverage and cannabis industry and is poised to take our winning team to the next level.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the management of the Lehua Brands lab, which includes improving and executing extraction processes, planning inventory, scheduling and managing lab technicians, and coordinating with the management team to execute a comprehensive manufacturing plan.
- Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction.
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment.
- Processing concentrates and extracts.
- Cleaning and maintenance of extraction equipment and laboratory facility.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory.
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment such as supercritical CO2 extractor, ethanol extractor, vacuum ovens, rotary evaporators, stirred reactor, High Shear Homogenizers, and other laboratory equipment.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, filing, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check.
- The qualified individual must have 2 to 4 years of experience in an extraction lab setting. Cannabis extraction is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university, with a major in chemistry, engineering, or a related field.
- The qualified individual will possess a keen interest and knowledge of Organic chemistry, GMP manufacturing, Cannabis extraction, Food science, Process engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Drug manufacturing, etc.
- Problem solver, ability to troubleshoot equipment and maintain equipment.
- Production chemistry laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Scientific methods of measurement, quantitation and qualitative analysis.
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory.
- Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
- Capabilities with computer systems, software, and hardware common to laboratories.
- Record-keeping procedures, lab information systems, and state traceability system.
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs
- Ability to manage a small technical team and the ability to “manage up the chain of command” to the Chief Science Officer.
- Production management
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday