Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Store Operations Manager primary job function is to manage and assume overall responsibility of the Evergreen Market stores by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales while minimizing costs while assuring LCB compliance.
This role is heavily weighted to strong management skills with the ability to alter ones approach to managing all different types of people and handling many challenges and issues with a high aptitude for balancing compassion, sensitivity, firmness and objectivity.
Given the heavy regulation coupled with the lack of federal acknowledgement of this industry, there is a lack of maturity in the technologies and processes available to cannabis retail. The Evergreen Market has started up and grown within those constraints and is expecting this role to continually push us to the competitive edge of retail maturity within our stores, develop and grow our management talent and maximize the teams utilization in our growing company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is focused on developing store managers to be strong leaders and operate like profitable business owners through (but not limited to) the following
- Developing, setting and managing quantitative and qualitative performance metrics for each store to optimize sales and maximize customer loyalty
- Ensuring customer service standards are consistently met across the stores.
- Monitoring and maintaining a competitive edge and remaining current and aware of competitors strategies
- Maintaining an active performance development process for all store staff.
- Providing coaching in the moment and performance feedback to store managers using the appropriate levels of direction and support.
- Conducting formal performance reviews of store managers.
- Proactively monitoring and managing staffing levels according to business needs.
- Analyzing and measuring sales results and trends to achieve sales driving initiatives.
- Partnering with the marketing department to drive revenue through in-store sales campaigns, effective advertising, and promotions.
- Partnering with marketing to assure the design and execution of the loyalty program is achieving desired sales and loyalty results
- Maximizes store efficiencies and efficacy through (but not limited to) the following:
- Continuously evaluating process, procedures and policies/developing projects around these when necessary.
- Continuously evaluating and implementing new training procedures, at all levels of operations.
- Responsible for oversight, documentation and training of process improvements and continued improvement across all stores
- Holding managers accountable for the accuracy and integrity of employee information including, but not limited to, new hire and onboarding data, personal data, and payroll.
- Holding managers accountable for store operations, scheduling, visual presentation and merchandise stock levels to ensure stores are optimized to meet EM objectives.
- Modeling and following up to ensure all EM policies,
- Maintaining effective LCB compliance, and assuring operating procedures are communicated effectively, maintained and consistently followed.
- General Senior Team Management expectations
- Demonstrates a high EQ with ability to handle open, honest and effective communication
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality and partner with peers to manage the company culture at large
- Demonstrates professional maturity in all situations
- Appropriately partners with corporate departments such as, Marketing, Purchasing, HR, Compliance, Founders, and other departments.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, and corporate office.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to drive revenue growth in competitive retail market
- Ability to develop and execute retail growth strategy
- Ability to identify competitive levers in rapidly growing and change retail market
- Ability to control and contain costs and optimize for growth
- Ability to create and implement process in dynamic distributed retail environment
- Strong interest in the cannabis industry demonstrated minimally by industry knowledge and industry work experience preferred
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- 2-5 years of senior management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of retail experience
- 1-2 years multi-unit/multi-store management experience
- Experience in a growing, multi-unit retail store environment (preferred)
- Ability to travel between all Evergreen Market locations, must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Proven ability to perform complex management across a highly diverse labor base
- Strong Interpersonal and strategic communication skills
- Strong writing capabilities
- Ability to present with influence
- Leadership and personal effectiveness skills
- Proven ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
- Proven ability to drive sales
- Proven financial skills and business acumen
- Functional knowledge of POS, inventory and loyalty systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing to participate in our program of random drug testing for illegal drugs.