Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Responsible for providing administrative and logistic support to the Executive Director (ED) and board in organizational, administrative, and operational matters. Serves as liaison between the ED and the Craft Cannabis Coalition membership. This is a relatively new and growing organization that will require managing incoming inquiries and outreach to new and prospective members.
Performs both routine and complex administrative support in organizational, administrative and operational matters including scheduling and maintenance of calendars, domestic travel arrangements, taking and managing meeting minutes, responding to external correspondence, expense account reconciliation, word processing and file management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates access to the Executive and board, balancing the needs and time constraints of all parties concerned, including adjusting schedules as priorities shift;
- Support invoicing & expenses related to programmatic areas as needed;
- Bookkeeping with support of CPA as needed;
- Plans, organizes, researches and compiles data and reports to support executive decision making and problem resolution as well as to support initiatives, projects, and meetings;
- Responsible for the logistics of Board meetings which includes all aspects of meeting preparation such as scheduling, development of agendas, management of Board books and materials, taking and distributing minutes, fielding general queries and processing Board expenses;
- Manages all meeting materials and records for the Executive and Boards of Directors;
- Plans, organizes and manages all arrangements for events such as legislative action days, Strategic Planning Retreats, Board meetings, dinners and other events as required.
- During legislative session coordinate on-site legislative visits, including acquiring & verifying site information, managing the online scheduling process, troubleshooting scheduling issues, confirming hearing dates, and answering last-minute questions;
- Manages domestic travel and hotel arrangements for ED, VIP guests and Executives as needed. Managing Executive travel includes timely preparation and delivery of any materials, logistics and other requirements for the trip (e.g., presentations, trip folders, business cards, scheduling business meetings and legislative visits, etc.);
- Support other data collection and data entry as needed;
- Track use of post-activity surveys and ensure completion by members;
- Track progress & status of campaigns by site, cohort, funder, network, and community;
- Responds to a wide variety of requests for historical and procedural information
- Organize historical data from institutional knowledge of previous organizations and last several months of activity;
- Performs delegated and assigned projects that are highly confidential in nature with tact, diplomacy and complete discretion.
- Support scheduling, planning, logistics and preparation for key weekly, monthly and strategic executive meetings for the ED and lobbyist as requested;
- Website/member portal maintenance or scheduling of contractor for more complex tasks
- Ensures proper communication is being filtered to/from the ED;
- Analyzes needs and problems and determines the best approach and priority in conjunction with the ED.
- Maintains a filing and archiving system for the Coalition.
- Supports the Mission and Values of Craft Cannabis Coalition in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily and relatively independently. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three (3) years related experience in a complex business environment, or an equivalent combination of education and highly relevant experience required.
- Experience in data entry, scheduling, and accounting systems (Quickbooks) preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Excel and strong database skills preferred;
- Experience in customer/membership management is preferred;
- Experience with non-profit and political public disclosure reporting preferred
- Preferred minimum of two (2) years as an executive assistant, but will always consider industry and political experience in addition.
Discrimination and harassment have no place at the Craft Cannabis Coalition. We believe in promoting equal employment opportunity. We make employment decisions based on merit and organizational need. We do not discriminate based on employee’s gender, gender expression or identity, color, race, age, national origin, religion, creed, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, political ideology, or other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $26.00 /hour
- executive support: 2 years (Preferred)
- executive assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday