Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Jage Media Inc. is a business to business company that produces distinctive events and focused content that accelerate the growth and profitability of cannabis brands and retailers. Led by an experienced management team, we produce conferences, events, and digital content that serve brand and retail executives. We unpack data, translate it into actionable intelligence, provide innovative ideas, facilitate peer-peer collaboration, and reveal best practices, and trends for their markets. Our mission is to foster a community of cannabis brands and retailers and provide them the space and resources to thrive.
Jage Media provides considerable benefits to its employees including health care, dental, and vision options; company-funded life insurance; work-from home options; and vacation time. Jage Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination, resource management, and execution of our events and conferences. This is an exempt salaried position that will report to our Event Operations Director. The position will require travel 4-6x/year to our conferences and potential additional travel for venue site visits.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Source, establish and maintain out of state venue and vendor contacts and applicable service details;
- Track, report on, and implement sponsorship requests for day-of implementation;
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders during the event planning process, serving as a point of contact to ensure smooth event day operations;
- Track inventory of all event equipment and branded items for distribution at/to venues;
- Assist in the ordering of items from multiple vendors;
- Work with event vendors before, during, and after event for services such as: accommodation for participants, catering, A/V requirements, signage, and special miscellaneous requirements for conferences.
- Coordinate post-conference follow up.
- Support other departments and partner organizations at, prior to, and after events, as needed
- Support the Company’s overall goals and wellbeing
- Represent the Company’s best interest at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly competent with excellent audio-visual knowledge and hands-on skills
- Able to take “common-sense” initiatives and make sound judgements and decisions
- Effective crisis management
- Good time management
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A passion for events and communication with an accurate eye for details
- Ability to handle pressure, multi-task and work within tight schedules / deadlines
- Calm, resourceful, independent and vigilant
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 – 3 years experience in the event industry.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite
- Experience with event management software preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- similar: 1 year (Preferred)
- event coordination: 1 year (Required)
- event planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply