Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Make a living sharing your love of the Emerald City – Show Me Seattle Tours is looking for tour guide/drivers to train for the upcoming 2020 tour season!
WHO ARE WE?
Show Me Seattle is the area’s premier ‘small group’ tour company, celebrating 25 years of providing history, food and culture tours in the Pacific Northwest. Our coach tours include:
- Seattle’s best City Highlights Tour
- Boeing Future of Flight Center and Factory Tour
- Coffee, Chocolate & Wine Tour
- Private Tours of all kinds, any itinerary, any language
as well as:
- The Herban Adventure – Seattle’s ONLY Cannabis Culture Tour!
WHO ARE YOU?
The perfect candidate loves history, food and culture, is a great storyteller, enjoys working with people and is comfortable driving up to a 14-passenger tour van in Seattle City traffic.
You are energetic, creative, passionate and curious, with excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. You are a great host, easy-going and patient, a quick thinker and able to problem solve in busy, high-volume situations. You have excellent organizational skills and take pride in providing the highest level of service.
- Some prior experience in hospitality or tourism
- Clean Driving Record
- At least 25 years old
- Good physical condition, able to lift 35lbs on occasion
- Must have Smartphone and access to a computer
Things that make you the right fit for Show Me Seattle:
- Reliable and responsible
- Able to work unsupervised and problem-solve independently
- Sense of humor, able to handle stressful situations with ease
- Promptly respond to texts, emails and phone calls
- Able to adjust to last minute schedule changes
- Available to work weekends
- A passion for Seattle and sharing that passion with others!
We are particularly interested in:
- Candidates with prior driving and/or guiding experience
- CDL [commercial driver’s license] Holders
- Higher Education Degrees or equivalent
Things that make Show Me Seattle a great place to work:
- Small business, more like a big family – we support each other and have fun at work!
- Workplace culture of making it happen – going above and beyond because we believe in our product/service
- Flexible scheduling
- Bonuses for guides who receive 5-star reviews
- Paid time off
- Full- and part-time hours available
- Cash tips
- $19.00 – $22.00 per hour DOE
- Additional $50 average in tips per tour – varies depending on type of tour
- Signing bonus for CDL (Commercial Driver License) holders
Learn more about us at http://www.showmeseattle.com
Please include your updated contact information on your resume.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- professional driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- tour guide: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Seattle, WA 98108 (Required)
- Commercial Driver License with Passenger Endorsement (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Weekends required