Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Origins Enterprises is a dynamic company growing at 50% year over year. We are looking for a highly capable individual to provide direction and leadership to a multi-location retail establishment. Grow new leaders and prepare them for future company expansion opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Oversees retail management staff to set, coach and meet sales, training and operational objectives including but not limited to cost of goods and payroll.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of immediate and long-term merchandising plans.
- Oversee retail store sales and expenses; conducts regular store audits as required
- Remains aligned with legal framework of a highly regulated industry
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- Oversees and maintains safety/loss prevention policies to ensure compliance.
- Assures that dispensaries are clean, orderly, safe, attractive and properly merchandised.
- Trains and counsels all retail management staff, evaluates performance and provides feedback regarding progress, developmental needs and other job-related issues. Conducts disciplinary actions including terminations.
- Ensures accurate and timely KPI reports
- Address customer concerns.
- Actively participates in strategic, tactical, and operations planning.
- Report directly to the COO
- All other leadership duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education required: High school diploma or GED. AA degree or higher degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience required: 7 years of retail experience with at least three years multi-unit management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to facilitate meetings and train staff
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set a strategic vision while grooming and leading an all start team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and give work direction to others
- Ability to work with and provide direction to individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to create synchrony between all locations
- Ability to lead a model creating exceptional customer experiences
Credentials, Certifications, Licenses required
- Washington State Department of Health medical cannabis certification (course provided by Origins) if not already completed
Other Duties as Assigned Competencies
- Leadership Ability: Providing purpose and direction for individuals and groups; agency culture and values; facilitating the development of a shared strategic vision for the agency; formulating goals and planning changes with staff and setting priorities for the department in the context of agency needs
- Problem Analysis: Identifying the important elements of a situation by analyzing relevant information; framing problems; identifying possible causes; seeking additional needed information; framing and reframing possible solutions; exhibiting conceptual flexibility; assisting others to form reasoned opinions about problems and issues
- Professional Judgment: Reaching logical conclusions and making high quality, timely decisions based on the best available information; exhibiting tactical adaptability; giving priority to significant issues
- Organizational Ability: Planning and scheduling one’s own and others’ work so that resources are used appropriately; and short and long-term priorities and goals are met; scheduling flows of activities; establishing procedures to regulate activities; monitoring projects to meet deadlines; empowering the process in appropriate places
- Implementation Skills: Making things happen; putting programs and change efforts into action; facilitating coordination and collaboration of tasks; providing “midcourse” corrections when actual outcomes start to diverge from intended outcomes or when new conditions require adaptation; supporting those responsible for carrying out projects and plans
- Delegation Skills: Assigning projects, tasks and responsibilities together with clear authority to accomplish them in a timely and acceptable manner; utilizing subordinates effectively; following up on delegated activities
- Instructional Skills: Creating a culture for learning; envisioning and enabling with other staff members for the improvement of teaching and learning; recognizing the developmental needs of employees; designing positive learning experiences; accommodating differences in cognition and achievement; mobilizing the participation of appropriate people or groups to develop these programs and to establish a positive learning environment
- Coaching and Counseling: Understanding and accommodating employee growth and development; providing for employee guidance and counseling; responding to employee needs
- Staff Development: Working with staff to identify professional needs; planning, organizing and facilitating programs that improve staff effectiveness and are consistent with agency goals and needs; supervising individuals and groups; providing feedback on performance; arranging for assistance; engaging staff and others to plan and participate in recruitment and develop initiating self-development
- Performance Evaluation Skills: Determining what information is needed about staff and the agency environment; the extent to which outcomes meet or exceed previously defined standards, goals or priorities for individuals or groups; drawing inferences for program revisions; interpreting measurements or evaluations for others; relating programs to desired outcomes; developing equivalent measures of competence; designing accountability mechanisms
- Motivational Skills: Creating conditions that enhance the staff’s desire and willingness to focus energy on achieving excellence; planning and encouraging participation, facilitating teamwork and collegiality; treating staff as professionals; providing intellectual stimulation; supporting innovation; recognizing and rewarding effective performances; providing feedback, coaching and guidance; providing needed resources; serving as a role model
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Perceiving the needs and concerns of others; dealing tactfully with others; working with others in emotionally stressful situations or in conflict; managing conflict; obtaining feedback; recognizing multicultural differences; relating to people of various backgrounds
Job Type: Full-time
- United States
- Seattle & Redmond
- Health insurance
- Monthly/Quarterly bonuses
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /hour
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- general manager: 3 years (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Setting and meeting goals for service, operations, and financial results
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards