Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
At Botanica we reimagine the possibilities of cannabis and empower people to achieve wellness, health and happiness on their terms.
We strive to make the most of life.
To be the best we can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
We are known for being quality-driven, authentic and passionate to the core about everything we do.
Botanica is a market leading branded edibles business with five years of experience in the most competitive cannabis market in the world.
We have an outstanding collection of edible brands including Mr. Moxey’s, Journeyman and SPOT.
Botanica products are now distributed in regulated channels in California, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona and Massachusetts as well as being available in CBD-only format in natural food channels and Direct-To-Consumer nationwide.
The role of Mr. Moxey’s Brand Manager reports to the botanica GLOBAL CMO and is critical in developing, implementing and sustaining growth strategies for the brand.
This involves delivering the optimal positioning of Mr. Moxey’s brand and the different variants (THC & CBD) within the range.
The Brand Manager is the voice of the consumer in the business and ultimately accountable for developing the core brand values, vision and global strategy.
Decisions are made using judgement as well as both market and consumer information supplemented by agency and cross-functional expertise.
The role also involves developing global marketing and communication toolkits based on the global growth drivers – with hands on involvement in design, website development and social media.
The toolkits will be instrumental in building a consistent global brand across the numerous markets in which Mr. Moxey’s is licensed and distributed.
Finally, the role is responsible for monitoring global performance of Mr. Moxey’s Brand against targets on a month-by-month basis and controlling the central marketing budget for the brand.
General Marketing Capabilities
- Create strategies that win in the marketplace (brick & mortar and D2C)
- Drive enduring competitive advantage from consumer and customer insight
- Inspire agencies and cross functional teams to deliver breakthrough content
- Drive pace and agility through instinctively making the right marketing judgement decisions
- Drive value commercially for botanicaGLOBAL and our customers and partners
- Collaborate and align with sales team to deliver impactful marketing with an ROI focus
- Lead competition beating execution
Specific Mr. Moxey’s Marketing Disciplines and Capabilities
A preliminary “code for growth” has been developed for Mr. Moxey’s based on 4 growth drivers and the Brand Manager will be required to develop programs to execute against each driver:
1: Build Fame and Cultural Relevance using tools such as PR, influencer marketing, merchandising, events and other activities.
2: Build Product Credibility, Authority and Advocacy with SEO & content, websites, social, direct mail and PR.
3: Consumer Trial driving activities such as scale sampling and smaller formats.
4: Visibility & Ease of Purchase with an emphasis on budtender training, vendor days, point-of-sale education materials, an e-commerce platform and rate-of-sale drivers (visibility, merchandising units).
Given that botanicaGLOBAL is a start-up company operating in the fast-moving cannabis edibles category, the role will require someone with a spike in design and website capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in design field, or 4+ years of experience in a design-related field, required.
- 1-3 years experience in brand manager or similar marketing role required.
- Website design and development experience including ability to maintain Shopify and Squarespace sites with light custom CSS.
- Familiarity with online and social media marketing techniques ideally in CPG or related industry- SEO, affiliate marketing, influencer programs, adwords, etc.
- Proven project management skills from conception to execution.
- Self-directed and able to make decisions/move projects forward as needed independently.
- Experience in start-up environment strongly preferred; must be adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Proven experience being able to produce measurable results within budget.
- Confident communication and collaboration skills with an ability to incorporate feedback on projects from a variety of stakeholders.
- Contributes great attitude and enthusiasm to team dynamic.
- Is well-connected and knowledgeable on current trends in brand management and marketing.
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply