Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Please Note: This recruitment is for a project position funded through March 31, 2022.
This recruitment will remain open until filled.
First application review will be February 21, 2020.
The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
In this role, you will support the organization’s mission by preparing, presenting, and disseminating both technical, narrative and graphical reports; to identify trends and make recommendations regarding the System Modernization Project (SMP).
You will also work closely with agency business staff to interpret business requirements and create project deliverables, including use cases, process flow charts, and functional specifications.
One of the key roles of your position will be to support subject-matter-experts to ensure the new system is configured to meet the agency’s requirements.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the Management Analyst 3, your primary duties will be to collect, analyze, and report performance information, including designing and reviewing test cases for the System Modernization Project (SMP).
Our ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in business analytics and business process analysis.
Your ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders and work collaboratively with vendors and contracted staff, plus your ability to maintain documentation standards related to business decisions, process maps, test cases/results and change requests are a few of the competencies needed to be successful in this position.
Your overall duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of research and analytical tasks which includes compiling, analyzing and preparing key documents for SMP.
- Work with business operations and SMEs to improve business practices and increase efficiencies.
- Through the decision-making process, supports development of action plans to operationalize decisions including proving input on policy revisions.
- Compile and prepare SMP presentations.
- Work collaboratively with business units to document and validate business requirements, develop use cases to support requirements, and maintain traceability by linking requirements to use cases to test cases. Document business rules from use cases and requirements.
- Performs frequent quality control checks of SMP data to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Provides advice and consultation based on data to division management, internal stakeholders, and SMP project team.
- Plan and monitor business operations to identify potential business process changes or impacts to the division that may require organizational change management support.
- Assist Training Team with documenting training exercises and supporting training delivery as needed.
- Work with the business units, SMEs, and vendor, to develop test scenarios for testing the system at various phases of system development.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, law, public health, health administration, or a related field AND three years of experience conducting research and analyzing policies, laws, rules, or regulations or comparable combination of graduate education and experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Background in technical writing
- Strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving proficiency
- Experience in business case development
- Awareness of systems engineering
- Awareness of cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to prioritize requirements and create prototypes and mockups
- Experience with strategic business process modeling and traceability
- Strong Microsoft tool skills, particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed on-line application which includes current phone numbers and valid email addresses. You can create and application profile on http://www.careers.wa.gov by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on top of this page.
- Letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position
- Resume, detailing experience and education as it relates to the position
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with current contact numbers and email addresses.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.