Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
PerkinElmer is seeking an experienced Field Applications and Project Manager for the Cannabis sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building, managing, and maintaining a team of Field Applications Scientists who support Cannabis sales efforts, and ensure post-sale customer success.
This includes sales support such as delivering seminars and demonstrating instruments during the sales process, as well as ensuring customer success by overseeing on-site training and overall project management of multi-instrument cannabis installations.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes.
At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment.
Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Cannabis Team represents PerkinElmer’s entire portfolio of solutions for Cannabis testing.
This includes analytical instrumentation such as chromatography, inorganic, and spectroscopy, as well as consumables and services.
We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, has a team mentality for achievement, and has a willingness to learn new methods and technologies in a rapidly changing customer space.
Ideally the candidate will have at least eight years of experience in a combination of applications, field service, and people and project management.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of the portfolio of products serving cannabis markets.
- Responsible for all aspects of leading the Field Applications Scientist team, including hiring, developing, managing, coaching, and effective resource deployment.
- Effectively manage headcount and other budgeted expense/revenue plans to improve overall profitability, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic business plan to support growing PerkinElmer’s revenue in cannabis, in alignment with sales, marketing and service partners.
- Project management of customer installations, to ensure customer satisfaction and success with complex installations of several new instruments.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and willingness to take ownership of results.
- BS in food or related science discipline preferred.
- 8 years of cross functional experience in a combination of applications scientist, field service, people and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships at a high level within large strategic accounts.
- Knowledge about ways in which organizations function in delivering products to customers as well as the ability to impact through formal and informal channels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 50% overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
PerkinElmer Leadership Values & Associated Behaviors
Vision and Purpose
Sees possibilities where others see only problems and acts to overcome them in a positive way. Performs in ways that demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the vision and strategy of the company, business unit or team. Inspires and motivates others by modeling the vision and values of the organization and encouraging others through his or her example to support a common goal.
Ethics and Integrity
Applies common sense and good judgement in all business dealings. Understands and obeys all laws and regulations as they pertain to our business and takes great care to protect organization from exposure to liability. Enhances reputation of the organization through the consistent application of the highest standards of business conduct. Lives by PerkinElmer values and sets an example for others.
Bias for Action
Demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting the needs of customers or internal partners. Responds quickly and professionally to achieve important goals without sacrificing quality. Sets priorities, seizes opportunities to meet and achieve goals. Displays high energy and energizes others. Displays edge in making people and portfolio decisions but does so with compassion and principles. Does not hold to outmoded ways of doing things but looks for opportunities to improve processes by eliminating waste and unnecessary work. Is a change agent for the organization and helps others effectively adapt to and respond with a positive outlook toward continuous improvement.
Initiates and supports meaningful projects that are customer-focused and add value. Willingly participates in cross-functional projects and accepts accountability for his/her role on a project team. Demonstrates trust in team members, empowers them to solve problems and make decisions. Cooperates with other members, shares knowledge and follows through on commitments. Does not protect “turf,” but demonstrates the willingness to break through established boundaries by sharing resources cross-functionally.
Promotes or exhibits creativity and informed risk-taking. As a team leader, encourages “out of the box” thinking that leads to new ways to accomplish organizational goals. As an individual contributor, consistently initiates new approaches to meeting customer needs, reducing costs, increasing efficiency and enhancing quality. Strives for technical and market leadership through a thorough understanding of market demands and customer needs and taking steps to enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition. Consistently seeks opportunities to improve processes and quality and acts in the best interest of the customer and the company.
Ensures the right people are in the right roles to achieve department and organizational goals. Recruits and selects a diverse team of talented individuals and is not reluctant to hire people more talented than him or herself. Makes right calls on selecting, assigning and redeploying people consistent with the organization’s strategic initiatives. Consistently drives development of his/her team by providing frequent and candid feedback and through consistent modeling of PerkinElmer leadership initiatives. Creates stretch assignments for people to develop their skills and contribute increased value to PerkinElmer’s leadership bench. Consistently provides feedback, recognition and rewards in ways that motivate and inspire others to achieve their true potential. Communicates consistently and effectively with peers, direct reports and internal partners in a way that strengthens alignment with and accomplishment of organizational goals.
Understands who his/her customers are and focuses all work process toward the achievement of total customer satisfaction. Communicates commitments and consistently meets or exceeds them. Demonstrates in both words and actions that meeting customer needs is a priority, and effectively communicates this to the rest of the team. Drives this value throughout the organization by developing others and being a champion for customer satisfaction.
Sets and achieves ambitious goals that are consistent with the goals of the organization. Establishes clear metrics for tracking results and measuring success in order to consistently reach performance goals.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.