Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
To apply you must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Failure to include both documents will be considered a deficiency in your attention to detail & you will not be considered for any positions.
Praxis Laboratory is a startup analytical laboratory located about 25 miles south of Olympia Wa.
We analyze food, agricultural, & environmental samples.
We are also certified by the state of Washington to analyze cannabis samples.
We offer paid vacation, matching 401k, medical reimbursement, holiday pay, merritt based bonus program / profit sharing
To be successful in our Laboratory manager role, you will be an ambitious professional who strives to build and maintain technical teams while leading operational excellence to ensure our continuous growth and expansion.
Keep Reading IF: YOU ARE TECHNICAL AND OPERATIONAL.
You love getting in the weeds with all facets of operations including timelines, production, technologies, and P&L.
You understand the importance of exceeding on time delivery metrics and quality standards.
You are consistently searching for new technologies and equipment that would enable you to be ahead of the curve.
YOU ARE A NATURAL BORN LEADER.
You believe in leading by example, creating a strong culture and motivating teams to be their best.
Your team knows that they can trust you to do what you say you’ll do.
If we asked your past team members what they love most about you, they would say your ability to build, train and develop them.
YOU ALWAYS EXCEED CLIENTS EXPECTATIONS.
You are service, time and quality oriented, priding yourself on going above and beyond to ensure that clients are listened to and taken care of.
Client relations is of supreme importance to you and you ensure that every interaction and every deliverable exceeds the client’s expectation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
Within the first 30 days:
-Establishes a good rapport with team and all departments in company.
-Understands and be able to articulate the basic terminology, service lines and the business divisions.
-Formally documents all existing processes, policies and procedures.
Within the first 60 days and ongoing:
– Familiar with all current customer projects and service/product lines and has begun to take ownership of at least 50% of client projects.
– Continues to build rapport and trust with team, ensuring that each person understands their contribution to company goals.
– Has taken full ownership of client issues and follows up on problems through resolution. Has begun to implement quick wins to improve the client experience.
– Consistently maintaining our current on-time delivery metrics within the 97%-99% range.
Within the first 90 days and going forward,
– Has begun improving and creating best practice for operational, efficiency and customer issues.
– Has begun building, training and developing our teams in a flexible, responsive and ambitious work environment.
– Has developed and/or improved any needed service procedures, policies and standards.
By the 6th month and ongoing:
– From this point forward, stays ahead of industry’s developments and applies best practices to areas of improvement.
– Has added new equipment and trained staff to install and effectively run and utilize equipment.o Has identified key team members for both routine and special projects and proactively leads all projects, ensuring that they run seamlessly with minimal effort from President.
– Still is consistently each month maintaining our current on-time delivery metrics within the 97%-99% range.
By the 9th month and ongoing:
– Has implemented practices in lean operations, process control, new technical methods, and upgrades to equipment and infrastructure.
– Provides support to sales functions and represents IFSD/Praxis in trade groups and industry events.
By the 12th month and ongoing:
– Has begun to implement a subset of organic chemistry or microbiological to increase IFSD organic testing capabilities.
– Has full ownership of Operations and has developed systems and practices for materials, labor and subcontractors in profitable manner.o Has full ownership of Client Services responsibilities.
-Researches and proposes 2+ new ideas per quarter to help expand and grow capabilities of company.
Education, Skills & Experience:
5+ years of related laboratory experience
At least 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of 7+
Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. Advanced degree preferred
Must know chemistry, microbiology and basic physics
Experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical, agricultural, food, petroleum oils or gas industries is highly preferred.
Private sector experience is required
Proven strong financial acumen with P&L accountability
Business management experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- laboratory: 5 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement