Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Docklight Brands is a pioneering consumer brand company crafting the future of the rapidly-emerging, legal cannabis and cannabinoid industries.
Docklight’s focus is on building lasting cannabis and hemp-derived brands that consumers crave, with a portfolio of brands including Marley Natural, The Goodship, Irisa, Barely Regal, Hearsay, and Almost Cheating.
Docklight uses its deep understanding of consumer needs states and category trends to create brands that resonate with consumers and are among the bestselling cannabis and hemp-derived brands on the market.
Docklight was founded by Privateer Holdings, Inc., a Seattle-based private equity firm that invests exclusively in the emerging legal cannabis and cannabinoid industry.
We are building a portfolio of global brands that consumers love, in order to lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis.
We need bold leaders to join us. As the global industry evolves cannabis brands will play a key role in the growth of consumer adoption — you can help build these brands one state and one country at a time.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored.
This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex, but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view are among the best in Seattle.
You’ll be appreciated and welcomed as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
Reporting to the CEO the VP of Operations will be responsible for daily management of the entire operations team.
The VP of Operations will oversee the execution of Docklight’s supply chain across multiple brands and product categories.
Areas of ownership include inventory management, production planning, contract manufacturing, quality control, warehousing, distribution and customer service functions.
This position is responsible for COGS, through-put efficiencies, scrap rate, freight rate and on time rates.
These goals will be accomplished by effectively executing Docklight’s brand plans.
This is a hands-on role that requires adept team leadership and the ability to think and operate both tactically and strategically.
- Lead and manage all aspect of a growing operations team. This includes: Production Planning & Demand Planning, Cost of Goods Sold & Margin management, Weeks on hand thresholds & inventory optimization, On-time fulfillment rate & inventory accuracy, Quality & QA Fulfillment & 3PL management, Contract manufacturing management, contract negotiations, pricing, Inventory slippage, scrap & loss Freight In & Freight Out Procurement
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and cost savings for all of the above; and develop an action plan to realize improvements
- Provide vision and direction for all operational activities for all Docklight brands
- Lead the operational components of the strategic plan within the business
- Collaborate with the board to identify key risks and opportunities
- Oversee the company S&OP Process – coach and develop direct reports
- Develop and manage operations scorecard and metric reporting
- Serve as Operations representative for new product development and commercialization processes
- Take ownership of the entire supply chain
- 8-10 years of senior operations experience within the CPG industry
- 8-10 years of manufacturing management and/or co packer management
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strategic planning, P&L management, and change management is required
- Strong understanding of both demand planning and production planning
- Inventory Management System and/or ERP System implementation experience
- Solid understanding of requirements to deliver profitable business
- Strong understanding of supply chain
- Proven analytical and inventory management skills including but not limited to BOM management
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thinks outside the box
- Excited to be a part of a team that is making a difference
- Leader who thrives in a team atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred but not necessary
Please note, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Docklight is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.