Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Smokey Point Productions is a leading manufacturer of cannabis flower, extracts and edibles, located in Arlington, WA.
The Company is growing rapidly, has continuously evolving manufacturing processes and is in need of an experienced Controller with a good grasp of financial accounting, cost accounting and cash management.
Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will work with management, production and other company staff on all aspects of financial management.
This is a critically important position in the Company and requires someone who is a self-starter and able to take on a variety of duties and responsibilities as needed.
The position will be initially part-time but is expected to transition to full time within 6 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop / Maintain Integrity of Accounting System(s) and Data
- Conduct Periodic “Closings”
- Prepare Financial Statements in Conformity with GAAP and/or IFRS
- Cost Accounting Systems Development and Oversight
Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Format both Financial and Management Reporting Packages
- Periodic Financial and Management Reports
- Conduct Ad hoc Modeling of Business Performance, Revenues & Expenses
- Work with Managers to Implement and Track Cost Control Activities.
- Maintain and enhance Systems for daily Monitoring of Cash Balances
- Cash Flow Forecasting (Short & Long-term)
- Oversight of Tax Preparation
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting with 2-5 years of inventory and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- QuickBooks expertise a must
- Familiar with company consolidations and intercompany elimination entries
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Skilled with database and ERP systems
- Experience working efficiently and effectively with manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of costs
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial reports
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Able to quickly learn computer programs, build reports using queries, lookups and pivot tables; gather data for reporting and analysis
- Very accomplished organizational and communication skills
As a pre-IPO Company, we offer an informal environment, and a competitive compensation package including health benefits.
Job Type: Part-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance