Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Flower Lead works directly with the Production manager, Horticultural manager and other Leads to help grow, care and maintain the company’s horticultural products.
This position also directly supervises the Grow Team on day to day actions in the flower rooms, helps pivot quickly when needed, and offer direct improvements to be made and improve processes.
This individual reports directly to the Production Manager.
This position asks for a consistently positive, friendly, and assertive manner with partners, regulators, leadership, and the team.
An organization in our type of growth mode needs to have exceptional communication skills to help support a quick-paced, and sometimes chaotic, start-up environment.
The Flower Lead contributes to the application of technical procedures, timing, and metering devices that control frequency, amount, and type of nutrient applications; regulate humidity, ventilation, temperature and amount of light; and dispense fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
Monitors crop development and the removal of substandard plants to maintain quality standards.
Additional responsibilities are outlined below:
Flower Lead Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise daily garden actions with goals and objectives in mind
- Discuss plant growing activities with management personnel to plan for growing activities that are consistent with planned production schedules
- Monitor growing conditions and reports changes in humidity, moisture and temperature and cultivation procedures to ensure conformance with quality control standards
- Monitor plant development to ascertain conditions such as leaf texture, bloom size and the existence of pests or disease; alerting head grower to substandard or diseased plants to maintain/exceed quality standards
- Maintain standard growing procedures for current cultivars as determined by Managers
- Execute growing procedures for new cultivars in product line and new cultivation techniques
- Maintain records of growing techniques and production; review records and reports to identify trends and to forecast future space and production needs
- Train employees in growing techniques and activities as documented in departmental SOPs
- Maintain a current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies
- Assist in safety training to all employees and maintenance of records as required by Federal or State regulations
- Assist the Production and Horticultural Managers with other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications & Requirements:
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- 2-year degree in horticulture or related field and/or 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hydroponics experience
- Greenhouse production experience is a plus
- Must understand the use of injectors, electrical conductivity and pH meter, drip, EBF, DW, FD and Recirc irrigations systems
- Thorough knowledge of water lines and be aware of and monitor conditions such as ventilation, high light conditions, temperature and humidity
- Must have some knowledge of the safe handling and application of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides
- Ability to use a PC and interpret/produce production reports
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures
- Ability to effectively collect information and respond to questions from management and from employees
- Ability to maintain comprehensive records of essential growing procedures, attributes and results
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support personnel, high level personnel and investors
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, etc
- Adaptability and multi‐tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment
- Fosters positive working relationships
- Must be a team player and collaborator with ability to work independently
- Provide a team atmosphere to strive for a common goal of high product quality and cooperation and compatibility with peers, supervisors, and management
- Project a helpful, friendly, and cooperative attitude
- Ability to regularly work weekends and overtime when needed
Physical Requirements / Other:
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in an indoor production facility with high light, humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present
- Ability to exert up to 15‐50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly to lift and move product and supplies
- Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing on a step stool and/or ladder
- Ability to crouch, grasp, and raise product above shoulders to lift product from the floor properly
- Ability to be on feet while performing job responsibilities
- Ability to sit for long periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift
We offer a competitive package that rewards strong performance and is results focused. In addition, there will be objectives and milestones mapped with growth factors that quantify the potential income earned each fiscal year.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative