Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
At Solstice, the Lab Manager is responsible for the management of the Solstice lab, which includes planning inventory, improving and executing extraction processes, scheduling and managing lab team, and coordinating with the management team to execute a comprehensive manufacturing plan.
This position asks for a consistently positive, friendly, and assertive manner with partners, regulators, retailers, leadership, and the Solstice team.
An organization in our type of growth mode needs to have exceptional human resources to help support a quick-paced, and sometimes chaotic, start-up environment.
Lab Manager Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Operation, training, and oversight of Ironfist Fabrication EX4-502 Extractor and the associated post-extraction equipment necessary per SOP’s product specifications
- Coordination with Inventory Manager and Operations Manager to ensure that materials and labor necessary for finished concentrate generation per manufacturing plan are in place
- Management of appropriate environmental conditions within lab and for all lab materials
- Execution of manufacturing plan to meet specific timelines on a daily, weekly, and monthly horizon
- Development of SOPs to continue to improve consistency and quality – ability to identify key variables from inventory to solvent to process that impact quality and yield
- Ensure accurate and timely inventory in all stages of production, and data collection to assist the Operations Manager in review and analysis
- Work with colleagues, Leads, Managers, and Directors to solicit ideas on how to update/improve processes to be incorporated into the Solstice Way
- Management of hard goods and soft goods inventory and work with the Purchasing Associate to ensure adequate supply line for execution of manufacturing plan
- Monitor and maintain work areas in accordance with relevant regulations and safety codes, compliance (WSLCB)
- Overseeing execution of strict maintenance and cleanliness schedule
- Maintain department ascetics and functionality
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years of related hydrocarbon experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with Google Suite and Excel
- Strong knowledge of cannabis, particularly extraction & concentrates
- Ability to work extended hours and non-traditional schedule as required
- Ability to work in and thrive in a sometimes chaotic startup environment
Physical Requirements / Other:
- Must be able to drive a car, van, truck, and travel via plane or train; lift up to 50 pounds
- Environment will consist primarily of Lab, office, indoor grow production, warehouse or distribution environment, as well as out-door elements on a frequent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands or finger to, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision
We offer a competitive package that rewards strong performance and is results focused. In addition, there will be objectives and milestones mapped with growth factors that quantify the potential income earned each fiscal year.
Job Type: Full-time
- related hydrocarbon: 2 years (Preferred)
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- What is your expected compensation for this position?
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off