Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The legal cannabis industry is one of the biggest growth stories of our generation – we’re at the beginning of the end of the global prohibition of cannabis and Washington has led the way.
Our belief is that a legal regulated market is a better answer for our country and we’re proud to play a leading role in showing the world how to do it properly.
Botanica was one of the first legal cannabis companies in Washington.
We started in 2014 with a focus on creating edibles that would resonate for a wide range of consumers.
Today our market leading brands are found across the state in hundreds of stores and include Mr. Moxey’s Mints, SPOT, and Journeyman.
In 2017 we opened a sister company in Oregon that allowed our brands to be found across the Pacific Northwest and we’re currently building out our retail focus.
We’re a small group of committed professionals out to make a big impact.
We work hard, deal with the unexpected, and are driven to change the world.
If this sounds interesting then we’d love to talk and learn about why you’d like to join us.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated and quality-focused lead baker with a strong background in training, quality control, and some experience in the development of new products.
This role requires great leadership skills, excellent communication with a wide array of team members and a problem-solving mindset.
- Master all production processes and provide leadership/training to staff in bakery
- Lead team in following production schedule and all associated preparation, increasing overall product quality and GMP standards
- Develop and maintain excellent working knowledge of all recipes, batch calculations and SOPs
- Adapt current products as needed for shelf stability, taste, and other modifications such as new flavor or herbal varieties of existing productions
- Skills to scale test R&D product to full scale commercial batches
- Learn and understand cannabis properties that may impact final product dosage and flavor
- Act as training representative for third party manufacturers (requires occasional 1 week trips 3 – 4 times a year)
- Manage equipment and keep in good working order, alerting production manager as needed to any issues that may impact production schedule
- Assist in inventory control and monthly inventory counts
- 3+ years of managing commercial kitchens/bakeries
- Culinary degree preferred
- Prior work with cannabis production highly preferred but not required
- Excellent technical skills in product formulation, planning, troubleshooting and overall creative thinking
- Creative, forward-thinking mentality coupled with an eye for detail and organization
- Skill for training individuals with little or no exposure to production work
- Superior math skills and overall mastery of complex calculations used for recipe development
- Excellent knowledge of best kitchen practices, GMPs and QC
- Experience writing and refining SOP’s
- Experienced working with a range of employee skill levels
- Can carry out repetitive tasks with high level of quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers and management
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Must be 21+ years of age
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role!
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends