Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
CraftAg is seeking a director of marketing to create a Halloween costume for our hemp so that it can pass as a purple cow at Thanksgiving.
Although our primary focus is hemp, … the right candidate would be capable of and willing to roll up their pant legs and wade into a cranberry bog to get the work done while delegating to other staff and external parties the work of tending other crops.
Heck, you might even be required to jump in without time to roll-up the pant legs.
If you are successful in this position, executive level responsibility may be around the corner.
Prior Achievements and Experience
- Participated in the design and execution of multi-channel national branding campaigns.
- Experience with both consumer and commercial products, ideally in the agriculture, food, cannabis, alcohol, or tobacco industries,
- Managed both in-house and out-sourced producers, creatives, copy-writers, and social media managers at the individual and agency level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design of consumer, channel, and production partner brands and marketing collateral using a mix on internal and external resources.
- Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels including social media, e-mail, print, conferences and events.
- Model and analyze business to business and consumer markets for size, competition, barriers to entry, etc..
- Develop marketing and communications policies, procedures, staffing plans, and budgets.
- Documentation of work in designated locations and use of corporate workflow and business operating technology
- Continued self and formal education in the skills specific to the role being filled
- Timely completion of work as assigned
- Notifying supervisors of issues and needs
- Compliance with standard corporate policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Work with crop propagation and production to understand capacity and communicate market size and needs.
- Work with distribution and sales managers responsible for person-to-person sales initiatives and sales operations to ensure market penetration and dominance.
- Company executives
- Channel partners
- Agencies and independent creatives
Job Specific Skills
- Business skills sufficient to execute the defined responsibilities
- Ability to use a CRM for planning and executing promotional activities and track contact with external parties.
- Ability to use a spreadsheet and data modelling tools for market analysis and planning.
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
- A desire to learn and be part of a team
- A leader and motivator of people
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and meet deadlines in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
Chief Operating Officer
None at this time, to be planned and hired.
5-10 years industry experience, at least 2 in a similar role.
MBA ideal, but all qualified candidates should apply.
*Work Location and Environment
Primary work location is Bainbridge Island, Washington in a pet-friendly office. Occasional telecommuting is acceptable.
Work Hours are 8:30AM to 5PM … but this is a start-up.
Other benefits will be discussed with successful candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative