Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. First application review will begin January 21, 2020.
The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
The Project Manager position is located in the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) of Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) within the Standards and Governance unit.
The Standards and Governance (SAG) unit consists of the Standards and Governance Manager and two Management Analysts.
This position will report to the SAG Manager, who reports to the agency Chief Information Officer.
The Project Manager (PM) position will provide professional level project management services to the ITSD division and serve as the division project management subject matter expert.
In this role, you will be responsible for resource management efforts including the maintenance of division resource plans and actuals and acting as a liaison to address resource requests ensuring work efforts align with priorities and needs of the business.
You will also serve as the IT Organizational Change Management representative to support Agency wide efforts and the catalyst for IT projects ensuring Organizational Change Management methodologies, principles, and best practices are integrated and clearly defined as part of all IT projects.
In addition, the Project Manager will support continuous business improvement and design, optimization, operation and control of technology projects to include but not limited to products, processes and services.
As the PM, you will be accountable for utilizing industry standard best practices, principles, methodologies, and technology to develop and execute strategies and plans that effectively and efficiently drive, manage, and monitor technology projects. This will include managing the project portfolio, creating project estimates, reporting, and resource and capacity planning.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the Project Manager, you will develop, implement, and oversee the IT division’s Project Management program which includes clearly defined best practices, processes, and procedures. This position will work closely with leadership and employees throughout IT and the agency to drive IT project efforts and enforce governance to ensure projects are completed on-time, and with-in scope and budget.
Additionally, you will be responsible for Resource Management ensuring IT resources are effectively utilized to balance the demand for IT with availability and priorities, including identifying resource gaps and corresponding solutions. And as a liaison and representative to the WSLCB PMO, you will champion Organizational Change Management and utilize the principles and tools of change management to facilitate and encourage the adoption of change.
Your primary duties will include:
- Coordinate and/or draft and vet the creation, approval, and maintenance of IT project plans including Project Management Plans, Risk Management Plans, and Issue Management Plans.
- Utilizing MS Project, create detailed plans which develop and maintain resource-based, effort-driven project schedules detailing tasks, dependencies, and assigned resources.
- Working with IT leadership and assigned budget analysts build IT project budgets with sufficient detail so costs can be reasonably forecasted and utilized by management for decision making.
- Build and maintain an online project status dashboard, the division’s project portfolio, and project documentation electronically and make accessible to appropriate WSLCB staff ensuring updates are logged by service owners and appropriate project staff.
- Provide detailed projects status updates to the CIO, Sponsors, Steering Committee members, project teams, project stakeholders and/or project oversight entities (e.g. Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of Financial Management, etc.).
- Serve as liaison for IT resources with WSLCB PMO and stakeholders.
- Assess and maintain a clear understanding of resources to ensure project demands for both skills and time are balanced against the availability and knowledge of IT staff.
- Serve as a resource and assist with any needed gap analysis and associated recommendations.
- Coordinate and/or draft and vet the creation, approval, and maintenance of Change Management Plans, Training Plans, Quality Assurance Plans and Implementation Plans for all IT projects.
- Current Project Management Certification from an accredited recognized source (e.g. PMP, Prince2).
Experience with the following:
- Stakeholder management demonstrated through documented experience identifying and developing relationships with key customers, project team members and members of a project’s authorizing environment for IT projects.
- Writing operational policies and procedures.
- Development of routines and standards of practice to complete assigned tasks.
Expert Level in the following areas:
- Project management skills and abilities demonstrated through documented experience managing complex IT projects.
- Microsoft Project knowledge demonstrated through the ability to create resource-based, effort-driven detailed project schedules listing tasks, dependencies and project resources work required to accomplish project scope.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
Progressive knowledge in the following areas:
- Resource Management in a key role or position with influence over resource allocation.
- Organizational Change Management principles and methodologies and experience participating in a key role in Organizational Change Management efforts.
- Designing and implementing standard project management programs including templates and tools demonstrated through documented experience creating, vetting and implementing standard project plans, and/or project governance structures.
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates that have the following competencies:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills demonstrated through documented experience writing clear and concise project plans and communications for IT projects as well as documented responsibility for liaising with leadership and senior management.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Working level presentation skills demonstrated through documented experience developing and presenting project and technical information to technical and non-technical internal audiences including Senior Management.
- Ability to understand and discuss the application and implications of effective change management and can facilitate the implementation of changes to processes, policies, and procedures.
- Four (4) year degree
- Five (5) years of progressive experience as an IT Project Manager
- Formal Resource Management/Work Estimation Training
- Formal Change Management Training or Certification (e.g. ADKAR)
- Washington State procurement and vendor management training completion and completion of the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES) procurement and contract management trainings
- Knowledge of product use rights for providers such as Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, and IBM
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.