Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listings. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Botanica is an industry leader and innovator in the recreational cannabis markets.
All our products are handmade with care by an extremely dedicated and diverse staff primarily located in the Pacific Northwest.
Our growing company has some of the most well-respected brands in the industry, such as Mr. Moxey’s Mints, Journeyman & Spot.
We are looking to add a full-time HR professional to our team to advise and resolve employee relation issues as well as engage in other general HR areas as needed, such as on-boarding and healthcare administration.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in order to confidently advise staff and managers on a wide range of issues.
Given our industry, an eye towards compliance will be necessary.
This role will likely expand in responsibility as the company grows.
- Act as primary contact for all staff complaints and general policy inquiries (directing to other managers as needed)
- Lead staff and management through all employee relations including internal investigations as needed
- Use tools such as polling and surveys to examine trends in job satisfaction and effectiveness of company communications
- Analyze any patterns seen in employee concerns and propose solutions to management
- Counsel managers and executive team on employee issues while taking into company policies as well as impact of local, state & federal laws
- Keep company up-to-date on HR issues by coordinating training on harassment, discrimination, and other areas as appropriate
- Review and refine company handbook as needed to reflect changing policies and laws
- Build trust and rapport with all levels of staff in order to become a trusted HR asset within the company
- Interview potential employees and provide feedback to managers
- Assist new employees with joining the company and smoothing any potential roadblocks in on-boarding
- Providing ad-hoc advice as needed in areas such as strategic hiring plans, compensation and other areas
- 3+ years of experience with HR and employee relations, ideally with small companies (50 – 100 people) and with direct executive contact
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in start-up environment preferred
- Excellent communication, trust building and overall people skills
- Able to influence and find resolution between different parties
- Willing to challenge the status quo to promote better organizational function
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Comfortable with a variety of software including google suite and slack
To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter for review. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday