Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Come join a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better!
The Director of Accounting position is responsible for overseeing all areas of accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, revenue recognition, tax compliance, audits, and related policies and practices.
This position ensures accurate GAAP accounting and owns the general ledger and month-end and year-end close procedures.
The Director of Accounting will work closely with the VP of Finance providing accurate historical information on a timely basis to allow for relevant forecasting and other analysis.
- Own the general ledger ensuring accurate processing of transactions in accordance with GAAP for all operating companies including Canadian and German subsidiaries.
- Drive technical accounting policies documenting the Company’s position and working with internal stakeholders to drive process and system changes where necessary.
- Manage the accounting team allocating resources to achieve a five-day close and timely and accurate distribution of financial information.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, working with outside tax service providers to ensure optimum compliance and tax planning.
- Develop and enforce internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Present monthly financial statements to internal stakeholders to ensure leadership understands the financial position of the company.
- Acts as primary liaison for financial audits with external audit firm.
- Provide training to the accounting personnel developing skills to meet needs of the company.
- Perform additional tasks/projects as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of combined accounting experience in public and industry accounting, preferably within a high-growth company
- Experience with Netsuite or other middle market ERP system
- Experience in managing day-to-day functions and mentoring accounting personnel
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP including ASC 606 and 842
- Working knowledge of state and local and federal tax issues
- Advance knowledge of Excel; proficient in other Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong aptitude for research and problem solving
- Active CPA license
- Experience with recurring revenue subscriptions businesses a plus, experience with Zuora billing tool a significant plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.