Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
New Leaf Enterprises is a Tier-3 Cannabis Producer/Processor in South Seattle.
Our mission is to provide consistent, safe, high-quality cannabis and extracts in Washington state.
We are a small company with a strong presence, and right now we’re looking to add an experienced Extraction Lab Manager to our team!
The Extraction Lab Manager manages and operates the extraction/laboratory department.
They will oversee all production, quality assurance, operations, training, safety awareness and personnel.
This includes creating the necessary products and ensuring the necessary quality from batch to batch.
This position will work closely to ensure equipment is maintained regularly and raw materials meet the necessary specifications.
The candidate will use a variety of different extraction techniques to optimize extraction of active components from plant tissue samples.
Extraction techniques could include, but are not limited to, short path distillation, spinning band distillation, steam distillation, and traditional solvent-based extraction.
The candidate will then use various techniques to characterize and identify specific active components in the extracts generated by the optimized extraction procedures.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail oriented, self-motivated, and looking to grow with an established company that has been serving the cannabis community since 2012.
We are innovative but hand-crafted, and to achieve that quality we need people committed to growth and success.
We ask our team to work smart and hard, and in exchange we offer flexible schedules and an open-minded environment.
All voices are important, and as a part of our team you will be heard.
Plus, our 5-year plan offers plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Here’s what we’re looking for (please include your Cover Letter and Resume if you’d like to be considered):
- Operate and manage the high-throughput progression of product through winterization, filtration, and distillation of the resulting crude oil using thin film distillate systems, and finally isolation
- Preparing equipment and cannabis flower/plant material for extraction.
- Develop and maintain extraction operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Oversee and assist with the setup and production of the extraction lab
- Maintain accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products
- Plan and manage production schedules to effectively leverage capacity, labor , and materials to meet volume, cost , and quality goals.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Apply scientific techniques, procedures, or methodologies to complete tasks
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of waste according to guidelines; keeping laboratory immaculate.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities: record keeping, filing, traceability system, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Ability to resolve any conflict respectfully and in a timely manner, addressing and resolving problems in order to create a culture of engagement and high-performance.
- Supports the organization by ensuring operational efficiency by implementing and constantly improving cost reduction strategies.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Partner with R&D to Identify research areas that could lead to the development of new products
- Ensuring the constant improvement of the teams knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, AZDHS, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control.
- Participating actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Hire and train employees by applying high standards for selection and continued performance.
- Prior Cannabis Lab experience (required).
- MUST HAVE: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field or minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Highly skilled and experienced in cannabis oil extraction and refinement techniques.
- Broad knowledge of scientific principles, theories, and technologies applicable to chemistry in general.
- Ability to work with a small team in a laboratory setting and to work independently in a continually changing environment.
- Prior I-502 traceability systems experience such as Leaf Data, GrowFlow, Green Bits, MisterKraken, BioTrack (preferred).
- Must be Detail-Oriented. We’re in a highly-regulated industry and getting things right is essential.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Demonstration of solid math/reasoning skills, and takes initiative when performing their daily tasks.
- Strong working knowledge/conceptual understanding of computer programs, operating systems and web apps is a plus. We work across multiple software platforms and this position requires some troubleshooting ability.
- Must be willing and able to follow Standard Operating Procedures accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years old & have reliable transportation (transit counts, we’re right on bus route #132).
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding marijuana related charges).
- Requires ability to lift, walk, stoop, bend, reach, extend, and crouch and lift up to 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Cannabis Extraction: 2 years (Required)
- Laboratory: 1 year (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking