Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafwerx is seeking applicants for the job of Delivery Driver for an I-502 processor.
Responsible, safe, and professional driver is wanted.
Knowledge of cannabis is required; you will be representing our company when delivering to retail stores.
Daily drives to and from multiple retailers ranging from Vancouver, to Bellingham, to Port Angeles, to Yakima.
The job is based out of the LeafWerx Offices located at 3131 Western Av, Suite 325 in Seattle, WA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Safe delivery of products and materials to retail stores
- Liaison between the stores and our company; answer retailer’s questions and relay requests and information back to your supervisor
- Responsible for final check of manifests to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for taking and verifying proper payment from retailers
- Responsible for returning the payments to the office at the end of each day
- Responsible for maintaining company vehicle
- Loading and Unloading of Product from delivery vehicle
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures
- Clean, presentable look and safe
- Locked and secure at all times
- Refuel vehicle as needed
- follow the rules and regulation of the road at all times
- Track mileage and upcoming service requirements
- Take vehicle in for oil changes and regular maintenance
- Inspect delivery vehicle daily looking for anything problematic (low tire pressure, tire wear, dents, etc) and report any abnormalities
- Report any accidents of vehicle issues encountered while en route to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Clean driving record
- Comfortable driving in congested city environment
- Clean criminal record (we perform background checks)
- Must be knowledgeable about cannabis and our products in order to answer basic questions and appropriately represent our company
- Must be able to read maps, written directions, and utilize GPS
- Must input and track daily vehicle mileage and log in logbook
- Must be comfortable driving in inclement weather
- Must be comfortable putting on and taking off tire chains
- Must be able to exercise appropriate judgement to identify unsafe situations
- Know when driving is unsafe and stop, or find safe alternate route
- Aware of suspicious persons or situations
- Must have basic knowledge about vehicle maintenance and ability to change tires, understand warning lights, gauges, etc
- Must be able to use a variety of communications including telephone, written communication, WhatsApp, and Google Drive spreadsheets
- Regularly required to use hands and arms; talk and hear
- Frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to forty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than sixty five pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to drive for up to 10 hours during a shift
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High school Diploma
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- $16/hour starting pay. M-F availability is required.
- Part-Time to start – approx 30-40 hrs/wk
- Initially this will be a 3-4 day a week job
- Must be flexible and able to work additional hours.
- Driver overtime of 1.5x pay for more than 40 hrs/wk
**You must be 21+ years old to work on an i-502 farm. Valid US ID or work visa is required.
Prospective employees are subject to background check.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- I-502: 1 year (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Delivery Location Type:
- Employee’s own clothing, so long as it meets the company dress code
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday