Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Director of Events for Team K Media is responsible for working with the Vice President of Marketing in the strategic development, sales and implementation of all signature events for Kush.com.
This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful industry events that garner press and brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, and acquire new users to Kush.com marketplace.
The Director must be able to demonstrate internal team leadership while employing an entrepreneurial, collaborative and results-oriented approach to lead and drive the production and sales of high-quality events that advance our brand, user involvement, thought leadership and stewardship.
Working directly with the Vice President of Marketing, the Event Director is responsible for developing the strategy and overseeing the sales and execution of Kush.com’s signature events which includes the The Texas Hemp Convention and the Oregon Hemp Convention.
Additionally, the Direct of Events assists with the development of concepts, themes and formats for other major events for the organization that engage supporters, increase brand awareness and grow revenue.
This includes, but is not limited, a series of monthly events in local markets that increase revenue and build brand loyalty.
- Provides event management/sales training to and oversight of the Events Manager to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Provides expertise to staff in the planning and execution of non-signature events
- Negotiates with venues, consultants and vendors to secure rates that enhance budgets
- Complies with local and federal law to ensure events are properly permitted
- Manages consultants and vendors prior to and during the event to ensure flawless efficiency
- Develops budgets and oversees financial reporting to internal departments and external agencies
- Develops content for event correspondence, email marketing, collateral materials, social media and web
- Oversees the post-event coordination including but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting and data transfer
- Supports cross-functional internal teams with the stewardship of host committees to secure members, sponsorships, and in-kind gifts
- Informs and updates staff members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle
- Assists the Vice President of Marketing with the creation of sponsor packages
- Manages internal and external event volunteers before and on the day of the event
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 2-5 years’ experience in managing events
- An understanding of hemp/cannabis event compliance guidelines
- Prior supervisor experience and strong leadership skills
- The flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends due to the nature of our events
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with users, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers and staff; display superior judgment and diplomatic skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven strong negotiating skills
- Enthusiasm, commitment to excellence, self-motivation, a professional demeanor, is highly organized and detail oriented
- The ability to handle multiple tasks with organization and accuracy
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and strong knowledge of social media
- Prior marketing, cannabis or hemp experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Event Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly