Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
This position links directly to the mission and goals of the organization by educating licensees and future licensees on liquor and cannabis laws.
Customer service is the first point of contact for questions in the agency and it is our duty to ensure timely and accurate information is given to our licensees or potential licensees to promote legal and safe alcohol and marijuana sales while providing accurate information to our stakeholders to ensure public safety.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the Customer Service Specialist 2, you will process all incoming applications including retail, non-retail, marijuana, alcohol permits, special occasions, added endorsements and changes to existing licenses.
On a daily basis, you will assist customers and staff member with clients by phone and in person.
Additionally, your communication skills and customer focused service skills are critical to the success of the position.
- Receive and review applications when they are received.
- Input information into the iSeries (agency database).
- Track the money in the iSeries, if needed.
- Send out local authority notices when required.
- Approve and issue appropriate licenses
- Answer and retrieve messages from main phone line and respond to email questions.
- Respond to questions that come on the main phone line or transfer to the correct department.
- Guides and assists customers through licensing and other application processes.
- Provide interpretation of agency laws, regulations, and processes.
- Resolve inquiries and complaints while maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Check messages (one day a week) and return calls.
- Respond to email questions for internal and external customers.
- Correct records, including change of trade names, addresses, people (divorce/marriage/estates).
- Verify and process discontinued businesses and temporary discontinued businesses in the iSeries.
Associate’s degree AND two years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
A Bachelor’s degree.
Four years of equivalent experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints, or problems.Supplemental Information
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed on-line application which includes current phone numbers and valid email addresses. You can create and application profile on http://www.careers.wa.gov by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on top of this page.
- Letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position
- Resume, detailing experience and education as it relates to the position
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with current contact numbers and email addresses.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.