Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Northwest Cannabis Connection is a retail cannabis shop located in Puyallup.
We are looking for a Human Resource (HR) Associate to join our growing team.
The HR Associate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource function.
The HR Associate will be responsible for the oversight, administration and coordination of HR activities such as policy & procedure development, recruitment, benefit administration, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Part-time hours will be approximately 15-20 hours per week with the potential for additional hours in the future.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Ensure compliance to state and federal employment laws
- Review, revise, and develop employment policies and handbooks in line with employment laws and best practices
- Work with supervision/management to establish positive employer-employee relationships when addressing employee complaints and/or progressive discipline issues
- Participate in conducting investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Manage recruitment of new employees, including on-boarding
- Manage benefit administration for all eligible employees
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the effective operation of the HR Program
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law at state and federal level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles and practices of human resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with professionalism across all levels both internal and externally.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) W/ PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work in and maintain confidentiality
- High ethical standards
- Ability to work in a multi-task, deadline driven environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong organizational / time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years related experience or equivalent
· PHR, SPHR, and/or SHRM-CP certifications preferred
· Strong (and current) knowledge of all laws and regulations pertaining to employment & labor laws
· Previous retail experience preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour