Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
**Note: This recruitment is open until filled.
First application review will be December 20, 2019.
The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
Serve as the WSLCB Application Support Supervisor, oversees the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board’s (WSLCB) 15+ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and WSLCB Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) web-based applications within the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD).
This position reports to the Application Manager and supervises seven system administrators.
The unit is responsible for developing and maintaining enterprise-wide technology solutions that drive the achievement of the agency’s mission, goals, and purpose.
What We Can Do for You
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) exemplifies innovation in public safety and public service.
Our teams thrive in the fast-paced, ever changing landscape of liquor, cannabis, tobacco and vape regulation.
The WSLCB Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) of is a fast-paced and dynamic partner in achieving the agency’s mission.
In addition to transformative public service, WSLCB provides excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Participation in the state’s Infants at Work program to ease new parents back to the workforce
What ITSD Values
- Our People
- Our Customers
How You Will Contribute
- Mentor and supervise technology professionals
- Establish and maintain reliable technical solutions
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous process improvement, collaboration, and accountability
- Cultivate a learning environment
- Focus on the achievement of our long-term objectives
- Model strategic thinking and data-driven decision making
- Continue the develop existing systems administrators technical skills
- Expertly leverage resources
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, peers, executive leadership, vendors and external stakeholders
What You Will Bring
- Expertise in technology personnel resource planning and management
- A wealth of experience in evaluating, estimating, designing, implementing, enhancing and maintaining COTS and SaaS solutions.
- Establish experience developing and enforcing technology policies, procedures, and operating standards
- Ensuring enterprise solutions are secure and meet state, agency and NIST guidelines
- Advance research and analysis skills to conduct cost, benefit and risk analysis for proposed acquisitions and legislation
- Administer agency web application licenses
- Motivating staff to achieve consistently high performance
- Depth of experience managing vendor contracts for support of agency line of business applications
- Use expert knowledge of script languages to configure and maintain solutions
- Experience developing and/or maintaining product development lifecycle (SDLC or PDLC)
- Practice executing technology product and service contracts as well as experience managing large and small vendors
- Extensive knowledge and experience of provisioning, installation of systems hardware and software
- Working knowledge of the following industry and/or state standards:
- Enterprise architectural frameworks
- Application and database development
- Requirements elicitation, documentation and maintenance
- Release and configuration management
- Data management and classification
- Cyber security
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service mentality
- Comfort with analysis and drive to make data driven decisions
- Good judgement, willingness to right wrongs, transparency, and ability to extend trust to your peers and subordinates
- Tact, diplomacy and tolerance of stress
- Willingness to engage in positive, constructive and geeky debates
Mastery-level knowledge in:
- Information technology systems, project management, design, implementation, operations and disaster recovery aspects of network, server, and storage technologies for applications.
- Demonstrable expert-level knowledge and experience in IT solutions architecture, application designing, building and maintaining complex web based application techniques including version control, automated testing and continuous integration.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to analyze highly complex, high visibility technical issues and requests, presenting concise, relevant, and well-documented findings in alignment with industry best practice as well as internal policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate a working-level workload management skills – plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
Progressive experience and demonstrated aptitude for:
- Developing and maintaining standards for requirements management, test repository and test case to requirement traceability.
- Independently developing medium-complexity SQL scripts.
- Independently developing and monitoring highly technical system documentation standards.
- Independently developing and maintaining process standards for system requirements and documentation in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Leading requirement elicitation and documentation standards in Agile and Waterfall development environments.
- Independently eliciting requirements from individuals in all level of positions including executive management.
Progressive experience and demonstrated ability to:
- Independently and proactively define and plan testing effort from business and technical requirements, including architectural design, for highly complex, enterprise level technical solutions.
- Independently and proactively elicit business and technical requirements, including architectural design, for highly complex, enterprise level technical solutions.
Progressive experience – Independently and proactively demonstrate working at senior-level in the following areas:
- System administration, writing scripts, configuration management, operating systems, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.
- Overseeing the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the purchase of goods and services.
- SharePoint administrator managing the SharePoint environment.
- Designing and maintaining SharePoint document libraries, lists and collections.
- Developing PowerShell scripts.
Working level knowledge in:
- Active Directory with specific focus on user and group permissions
- Asset, systems and data security standards.
- Human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Progressive experience and demonstrate knowledge of personnel engagement, development and accountability.
- Awareness of business intelligence application administrator managing the data sources and environments.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor, former subordinate, and former peer with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.