Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Our new Bookkeeper must be able perform basic bookkeeper functions including managing accurate cash flow, inventory levels, payroll and associated taxes, and AR/AP functions across three cannabis retail locations.
Additionally, the Bookkeeper role is responsible for managing all business taxes, including cannabis-specific taxes, such as BSO, Marijuana Excise, and Sales and Services taxes.
Our new Bookkeeper will be expected to perform bookkeeping functions while also adhering to Endicott Enterprise policies and procedures.
Our bookkeeper should also demonstrate an ability to listen well and communicate effectively with both customers and business stakeholders.
The right candidate for this role should have prior professional bookkeeping or financial experience.
Previous “assistant” bookkeeper roles looking for their first, full time ‘in charge’ role should apply!
We are excited to offer this opportunity to a candidate who is interested in joining in the growing cannabis marketplace and has a desire to grow with our various retail locations.
- Manage and track accurate cash intake across three cannabis retail locations
- Implement new cash control regulations and policies, as required
- Manage inventory and perform inventory adjustments in store-wide inventory management system
- Assemble preliminary and finalized financial statements for requested time periods
- Conduct employee payroll according to pay schedule and manage payroll taxes
- Provide relevant reporting to sanctioned CPA partner
- Report monthly cash and sales statements to Endicott Enterprises ownership group
- Attend meetings with Endicott Enterprises ownership group in order to set goals and identify key opportunities
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures
- Complete other assigned duties as assigned by the Endicott Enterprises ownership or management team
Skills & Qualifications:
- AA/AS and/or equivalent body of bookkeeping work experience (2+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferred)
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Full time availability
- Able to use various POS & ancillary backend database systems for sales report access (BioTrack, Korona, or Greenbits are a plus)
- Working knowledge of QBO and QBO payroll.
- General knowledge of cannabis and cannabis infused products is preferred, but not required.
- Fundamental understanding of how IRS Code 280E affects canna-businesses
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and an ability to maintains composure under pressure
- Attention to detail as it pertains to the management and timely processing of cash, inventory, and taxes
- Superior communication skills
- Responsible team-player with a level of integrity
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· View a computer screen for several hours a day
· Sit for long periods of time
· Type on a computer for several hours a day
· Some flexibility in scheduling
· Significant employee discount on product
· Scalability of job with corporate growth
· Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- General Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ledger/Accounts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Controls: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift