Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
**Note: This recruitment is open until filled. First application review will be November 18, 2019. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
At WSLCB, you will play a key role in the ever-changing world of liquor, cannabis and tobacco regulation.
As IT Operations Manager, you will be part of a division whose mission is to advance public safety and drive compliance through technology.
You will direct Network Administration, Server and Cloud Hosting Administration, Database Administration, Desktop Services and Customer Support.
Managing three teams of IT professionals, you will stabilize and maintain key services necessary to adequately meet the mission of the agency.
As an IT Senior Manager reporting directly to the CIO, you will ensure that your teams have the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and resources to deliver industry best products and services while you collaborate with division and agency senior management on developing and executing strategic objectives.
Your modern work environment at a glance
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and wellbeing.
- Support for employee growth and development.
- Infant at Work program.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking.
- Provide direct supervision of infrastructure, database, device management, and customer support professionals establishing position objectives and expectations.
- Establish short-term objectives and long-term strategic and technical roadmap; engage staff in collaborative review and finalization of long-term objectives.
- Effectively mentor, train, coach, counsel, and motivate staff to achieve consistently high performance.
- Cultivate a learning environment to expand staff skills and abilities; design and support training and cross-training plans, ensuring that WSLCB remains a center of excellence and that there are no single points of failure.
- Oversee the documentation and implementation of technical designs and standards for infrastructure, configuration and release management, operational system administration, technical customer support and desktop engineering services.
- Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements.
- Establish short-term and long-term unit goals and objectives reflected in a technical unit roadmap, ensuring alignment with the Division’s technical roadmap.
- Analyze existing procedures and technologies to make best-practice recommendations.
- Serve as ITSD customer representative for assigned services and ensure that the division can articulate progress on customer prioritized requests.
- Coordinate with contracts, procurement, customers and colleagues in the acquisition and maintenance of technologies.
- Ensure that comparative cost and risk analysis is completed prior to recommending the renewal or acquisition of technology products and services.
- Infrastructure management standards including standards related to server operations, cloud hosting, and network administration.
- Database administration and data management standards.
- Configuration and release management standards.
- Workstation hardware and software architecture, implementation and maintenance standards.
- Technical support call center operational standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Public Administration or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience managing technology professionals.
- Working knowledge of Washington’s budget development, bill analysis and fiscal note analysis processes.
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care