Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.job Listing Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Founded in 2015, Headset is the only company turning retail-derived data into real-time insights to help businesses easily understand the cannabis industry through data analytics and market intelligence, enabling them to make better-informed decisions, unlocking success and pushing the industry forward.
Headset drives a competitive edge for retailers, vendors/producers, distributors, and companies looking to enter the market.
This enables the supply chain to react to consumer demand, delivering the right product, right volume and allowing our customers, to provide top-notch consumer service and always keep up with trends.
Headset has approximately 45 employees and is headquartered in a vibrant and creative workspace in the Pioneer Square neighborhood in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics.
They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users.
In this role you will be analyzing consumer transactional data to find meaningful insights about consumer purchase behavior.
Results are communicated via building dashboards, writing white papers, and presenting during Webinars.
The data analyst will often be asked open ended questions and will be tasked with finding ways to concisely and effectively communicate their findings to large audiences as well as asked to develop new KPIs.
Examples of analysis can be found at this link.
- Extract data from Snowflake and SQL databases, perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse and aggregate data
- Apply analytical skills to describe and explain consumer behavior based on transactional retail data
- Understand the day-to-day issues that our business faces, which can be better understood with data
- Develop clear and impactful visualizations of analytical insights to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion
- Communicate results via whitepapers, slide-decks, and in client meetings
- Bachelor’s in Business or Economics
- 2+ years of professional experience in retail analytics, consulting, marketing analytics, product strategy
- SQL rockstar with experience in MSSQL, Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
- High Proficiency in Excel
- 2+ years of experience working in BI Tools like Looker, Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools
- Masters in Business related field or MBA
- 4+ years of professional experience in retail analytics, consulting, marketing analytics, product strategy
- 4+ years of experience working in BI Tools like Looker, Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working in Looker
- 4+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools
- Advanced understanding of growth drivers for CPG companies and retail organizatons
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people.
We invite you to push the cannabis industry forward with us.
You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients make data-driven decisions about their business and ultimately help them navigate a highly competitive and ever-changing landscape.
At Headset, we are a group of people, working to fulfill a common mission.
How we act – with each other and our customers – embodies the five core values we believe in:
- Ownership – “Find the holes and fix them; Dedication”
- Trust – “Integrity; Radical transparency”
- Empathy – “Deep understanding; Team before self”
- Data – “Data driven to the core; Measurement is critical”
- Growth – “Speed is critical; Keep it simple”
Is this you?
Do you share our values?
Does this sound like the kind of environment where you’ll feel inspired to do your best and most meaningful work?
If the answer is yes, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive base salary, incentive bonus for outstanding performance, a generous stock option package and great benefits. Headset is an equal opportunity employer.