Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Vangst is hiring a Director of Finance/Controller to be an integral part the Finance team in our rapidly growing company reporting to the Interim CFO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the cash, collections & revenue processes of the Company’s month-end close process including, review of subscription revenue schedules, journal entries, collections & revenue reconciliations.
- Eventually manage staff on the monthly/quarterly consolidation process including cash management, expense accruals, intercompany adjustments and elimination entries
- Prepare accrual-basis financial reporting, ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis for internal reporting
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Assist external accountants with quarterly and annual taxes
- Manage continuous process improvement and development of automated systems including implementation and enhancements to ERP systems
- Assist with management of annual financial audits and month/quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with all investor and external reporting including analysis and review of reports
- Improve and develop accounting policies and guidelines
- Be able to analyze and solve problems quickly and creatively with attention to detail
- Be able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment and work independently with strong planning and prioritization skills
- Have a positive attitude and great communication skills
- Be willing to learn and take on new tasks both related and unrelated to accounting
- You must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6-10 years of accounting related work experience in a startup environment and/or public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and ASC 606
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably QuickBooks). Knowledge of automated revenue recognition tools a plus
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Have the opportunity to grow and build new skill sets as you build out the finance group.
- Work in a fun, fast paced start-up environment
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health care benefits
- Fun, get-things-done work environment
Our client is growing exponentially.
Back in 2014, they were the first legal cannabis tour company in Seattle but their pivot in 2017 to a digital cannabis and hemp marketplace is blowing up.
Their marketplace was first to market and is the only multi-state platform for licensed cannabis buyers and sellers.
Think e-bay for wholesale buyers and sellers of cannabis and hemp.
Their print & digital advertising product and trade shows have proven an excellent lead source for growth and have allowed them to build a stellar brand in the rapidly growing marijuana industry.
They are now poised to take their company nationally.
Their mission is to drive the cannabis and hemp industry toward responsible growth and global acceptance.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Start-up Environment
- Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analytical Skills
- Quarterly Reporting
- U.K. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- French Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Dutch Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree