Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Smith Arnold Partners has a very unique and high visibility Finance Leadership opportunity to help shape the Finance Department for one of the world’s largest and most established Cannabis Brands!
This global industry leader is establishing their US Headquarters in Seattle!
This company is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis, serving patients and consumers in 13 countries spanning five continents!
This company is pioneering the future of the cannabis industry with close partnerships with some of the biggest consumer products companies in the world!
Unique opportunity to play an instrumental role in pioneering the future of cannabis globally from a medical and adult consumer prospective!
Be a part of the future and shaping the future of one of the fastest growing industries in the world!
Title: Corporate Controller
Location – Seattle, Washington
Salary- $170,000 – $180,000 + Bonus + Stock!
- This Corporate Controller will work very closely with the VP of Finance to help built out and shape the Finance department for this Global Industry Leaders New North American Corporate Headquarters.
- You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting, which includes accounts payable, payroll, revenue recognition, budgeting, financial reporting, audits as well as helping develop and implement polices and best practices.
- This position plays a critical leadership role in maintaining the integrity of all financial data. The Corporate Controller will also ensure accurate and timely records and reports and lead implementations of mission critical financial systems.
- The ideal candidate will have experience leading the monthly, quarterly, annual financial period closing process performed by the corporate accounting department, ensure accurate and timely reporting of data, including the communication of results and variances to the executive Corporate Management team.
- This Corporate Controller will provide oversight, direction and assistance to corporations Shared Services Center of Excellence performing accounting, payroll, general ledger, budgeting and financial reporting duties.
- This Corporate Controller will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the Consolidated Internal and External Finance Statements, Reporting, Planning and Analysis, which will include oversight of the 10K/10Q/8K reporting.
- Working closely with the VP of Finance, This Controller will play a lead and highly visible role in developing and implementing critical financial processes, improving financial policies, working closely with key Executive Business Partners Globally.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience ensuring compliance with accounting policies consistent and standard with US and GAAP
- This Corporate Controller will enforce and maintain a strong financial control environment as well as US GAAP conversions/accounting.
- You will assist in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise to various business units.
- You will collaborate closely with the VP of Finance to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve global parent companies’ goals and initiatives.
- This leader will play a major role in mentoring, developing and staffing up this department as well as providing training to the accounting team to develop their skills and help them progress in their careers.
- 10 years minimum of work experience in public and industry accounting, ideally some experience working within the Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Consumer Products or Manufacturing Industry.
- Ideally, some experience working with one of the BIG 4 firms at some point in their career would be highly preferred, a balance between BIG 4 and Publicly traded companies would be ideal for this exciting opportunity.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high growth environment.
- Experience and success helping mature financial processes and building out finance functions
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements required
- A combination of Start- Up company and/or SEC public company experience a major plus
- Experience working with sophisticated ERP systems required
- BA in Accounting or Finance
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Analytical Skills
- SEC Financial Reporting
- Financial Reporting
- General Ledger
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA)
- Shared Services
- U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Consumer Goods
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply