Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com Job Opportunity Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information.
Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world.
We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Leafly Product Management team is looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to define and drive the product roadmap for Search and Discovery at Leafly.
You will help build the next generation of internal search, helping customers find the right cannabis products, brands, retailers and/or information, at the right time.
As a successful candidate, you will have experience managing complex business and technical challenges in the search space.
You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, a passion for innovating, and a test and learn approach to problem solving.
As a product leader you should have the ability to communicate priorities and work effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders, including teams across engineering, product, legal, finance, sales and marketing.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity, and work methodically through it with your design and engineering peers to quickly gain clarity on a valuable course of action.
Your strategic and tactical skills are equally strong, and you are able to make tough decisions to prioritize the highest value action plan to solve customer problems and achieve business goals.
You roll up your sleeves and do the heavy lifting to ensure your vision comes to life; you relish the idea of solving challenging customer problems.
In this role, you will need to rapidly assess a market opportunity, develop a business case and OKRs, and advocate effectively for the prioritization of features and enhancements to search that truly advance the strategic agenda of Leafly.
You will have your finger on the pulse of customer insights, as well as market and financial data that validate your customer hypothesis and business opportunity, and you will be a master of “working backwards” from the customer, assuring the value proposition is meaningful and the product solves a genuine need.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Setting the strategic vision and tactical priorities for the search and discovery product roadmap based on rigorous analytics.
- Representing the Voice of the Customer in all product programs and assure the necessary research (qualitative and quantitative) has been done to validate customer hypotheses.
- Establishing the definition of done, by defining what is useful, valuable and feasible to deliver necessary outcomes.
- Identifying new opportunities, defining business case and driving organizational alignment.
- Assuring business commitments can be made and kept by the product team.
- Prioritizing and planning the resources needed to deliver key projects on budget and on time.
- Owning and delivering on the search customer experience, engagement and business metrics including acquisition, engagement, and revenue
- Managing Critical Project Reviews and communicating in a timely and concise fashion with stakeholders on status, trade-offs, issues and dependencies
- Rapid and appropriate escalation of Critical Issues
- Generating and implementing big ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and scale.
- 5+ years of experience owning and driving end-to-end complex product requirements across multiple technology teams
- BA or BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experienced product ownership of the internal search experience in ecommerce, content, or directory driven customer experience
- Seasoned product owner in an Agile and/or Lean development environment
- Ability to earn the trust of engineers as well as product teams and stakeholders
- Experience partnering closely with UX and design teams to produce break-through digital customer experiences
- Demonstrated ability to discover and translate customer needs into business and product requirements using a variety of research techniques.
- Ability to investigate problems at hand, dive deep to the root cause, and find systematic gaps while supporting conclusions with analytical data
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
- Excel at delivering results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Good time and resource management skills simplifying product roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and reporting status
- Ability to work across multiple teams to create scalable solutions to monitor business performance and interpret key performance metrics into actionable recommendations
- Proficiency in Tableau, Google Analytics and/or other business analytics platforms
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must
- 7+ years in product management, technical product management
- MBA or MS in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong A/B testing background, with experience using Optimizely, Google Optimize, or equivalent
- Familiar with Solr, Algolia, or equivalent internal search technologies
- Experience in ecommerce, compliance, or operations highly valued
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply