Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
PerkinElmer is looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success.
This role will specialize in the use of our Organic portfolio in chemical, food safety, cannabis, environmental, pharmaceutical and industrial applications with an emphasis on cannabis applications.
This role provides sales support for our GC and GCMS products to include applications development, training and presales activities.
The Discovery and Analytical Solutions group services the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, including Cannabis, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets.
The Field Application Scientists works closely with the sales team to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Execute technical product demonstrations/presentations to individual prospects and seminar audiences in support of pre-sales activity including workshops and RFI/RFP support for product area.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of GC, GCMS analysis to support customers in understanding how to maximize their use of our software applications
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the Field application Scientist
- Provide and deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality are available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and also with the Services team to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region and scientific domain
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design and execution as needed
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- MS, PhD and/or BS in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 5 plus years in the Chromatography and Mass Spectroscopy field.
- Experience and working knowledge of GC and GCMS including sample preparation requirements.
- Current or previous scientific expertise and experience with a customer focus and excellent communication skills
- Willingness for as much as 50% overnight travel.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes.
At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment.
Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink and our environment are safe from contaminants.