Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with any questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We are seeking an Accounting Intern to work in our Finance department located in Seattle, WA.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Accounting Intern will be a support champion for the accounting team and report to the Controller.
You will assist with multiple projects and standard accounting functions including accounts payable, general ledger journal entries, financial statement production and analysis, ad-hoc modeling, and other opportunities as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, detail oriented, strong communicator, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and effective in balancing multiple priorities.
This role will provide great experience with a rapidly expanding organization in the rapidly evolving global cannabis industry.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable invoices including recording them in the general ledger and obtaining approvals
- Maintain all electronic vendor files, verifying vendors and ensuring complete entries
- Process business and travel expense reimbursements
- Monitor and track credit card spending, including month end reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and analysis as they arise
- Currently pursuing BS/BA or Master’s Degree degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent team and positive interpersonal skills, with a general willingness to help others
- Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Experience in accounting systems is a plus, particularly in Netsuite.
- Ability to pick up new tools and systems
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a professional work environment
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.