Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
This Office Assistant 3 position will process a large number of incoming Marijuana Vapor Product Ingredient Disclosure forms, communicate with licensees, and perform other clerical duties as needed.
This non-permanent appointment is expected to last up to three (3) months.
- Access Outlook mailbox to receive and review forms for accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
- Sort emails and their attachments into applicable computer folder corresponding to license number.
- Monitor inbox for questions and refer to appropriate division for response.
- Correspond with licensees’ following review of form when quality measures are not met.
- Provide guidance to help resolve discrepancies.
- Create folders for each license number for each form received.
- Log number of forms processed each day per licensee in Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist with providing data/reports.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and creating spreadsheets
- Ability to view items to verify completeness of forms and verify signature
- Ability verify filename convention is met
- Ability to respond via email with form letter
- Effective written communication skills for responding to emails
- Strong customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subject matter and adhere to disclosure rules
- Must be accurate and timely with tasks and end of day reporting
- Two years of clerical experience
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed on-line application which includes current phone numbers and valid email addresses. You can create and application profile on http://www.careers.wa.gov by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on top of this page.
- Letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position
- Resume, detailing experience and education as it relates to the position
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with current contact numbers and email addresses.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.