Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly Job Opportunity Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Our Teams and Our Tech
Our teams are cross-functional with product owners, designers, and engineers working side-by-side toward shared goals.
We aim for each team to have the right mix of full stack, web, api, and native app developers, so that together they are equipped to solve whatever problems come their way.
We look to each person to bring their expertise and passion to the table, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and help where it’s needed.
What We Look For In Our Engineers
- You prioritize users. You’re results oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical excellence and product excellence.
- Technical excellence and a growth mindset. You’re passionate about honing your craft and writing high quality, world-class code.
- Depth and breadth. Where you’re an expert, you’ll hit the ground running and lead by example. Where you’re not, you’re ready to learn quickly.
- Self-starter and collaborative. You’re comfortable working independently as well as pairing or swarming with your team. You ask for help when you need it, and you help your teammates.
- You will make our team better. You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use more of. You’ll help us make better decisions, and build better products.
Leafly is looking for you!
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Act as your team’s subject-matter-expert and go-to for anything and everything WordPress
- Work together with product, data/analytics, and UX to understand problems – then design, plan, and deliver solutions
- Design, build, test, and maintain new features, potentially across the entire Leafly product suite
- Work with technical platform leads to ensure alignment with broader architecture, standards, and best practices
- Lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to SDLC and quality best practices: design & code reviews, prototyping, multi-level testing
- Continually improve our processes by volunteering new approaches to: developer productivity, product quality, and team efficiency
- Mentor other developers and foster a collaborative environment of shared growth & learning
- 3+ years of shipping software in a professional team setting
- 2+ years experience with WordPress
- Experience building and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Ability to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Experience with more than one server-side technology
- Experience with latest web technologies, tools, and practices
- Experience leading an agile team of engineers and/or Open Source project contributions are a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.