Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a “one stop shop” for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation’s largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories.
Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector.
The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About The Role
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Director, the Key Account Manager (KAM) will work to improve the company market position through increased sales and territory growth.
This role works very closely with their assigned Sales Support Specialist, the Marketing, Operations and Logistics teams in identifying attractive new opportunities, increasing product penetration, and forecasting product inventory needs.
The Key Account Manager will also work with other internal teams and managers to develop and support growth plans and revenue targets.
What You Will Do (Essential Functions)
- Prospect and establish new accounts
- Grow existing accounts
- Become the territory’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) on compliance requirements imposed by the applicable state agencies
- Sell stock products as well as sell and consult with customers on custom orders
- Survey the industry and target specific accounts by utilizing published regulatory databases, trade journals/magazines, and other media outlets
- Work with assigned Sales Support Specialist to ensure CRM system is updated and orders processed
- Meet and exceed Territory sales quotas
- Travel required
- Build relationships with cannabis growers, processors and dispensaries
- Accomplish other sales functions and assignments as requested
- Love your job and work with passion so we can build something great!
Who You Are (Qualifications)
- 3-5 years of progressive sales and/or sales management history
- Exceptional sales “Hunter” skills
- Prior experience in CPG or Cannabis industry preferred
- Experience selling high volume low price point items
- History of meeting and/or exceeding 7 figure quotas
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with a CRM desired (familiarity with NetSuite a plus)
- History of working successfully from a remote office
- Experience utilizing sales support staff effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives Direction From
Regional Sales Director
Providing Direction To
No supervisory responsibilities
Up to 50%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.