Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
This non-permanent appointment is expected to last up to one (1) year.
Applications will be evaluated weekly throughout this recruitment process, with the first review date on October 28, 2019.
The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hire and close this posting at any time after the initial seven (7) days.
We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco cannabis and vapor laws.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws.
At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do.
We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
Here at the LCB, training is a major tool for us in helping employees be successful across our organization.
We are looking for a customer service-minded professional interested in expanding their career in Human Resources to step into the role of Training Coordinator (HRC1) at LCB. In this role, you will gain exposure to three major areas of Human Resources:
- Training – Coordinating training across the agency, you will provide assistance to employees, managers, and supervisors on using our training system and taking training. You will work with instructors to schedule classes and set up classrooms on training days. The agency has created leadership development plans and you will coordinate which classes are available and assist in finding new classes to keep those plans updated. You will also pull data from the training system and report out to executive management on training completion rates and risks/issues associated with training.
- Onboarding – We work hard to hire amazing new employees and you will be the main face those new employees see on their first day at LCB. You will coordinate New Employee Orientation for every new hire at LCB and make their first day at work here as awesome as possible.
- Payroll – Everyone loves getting paid! This position serves as the backup to our Payroll team and assists during the payroll cycle in getting all of the information into our HR system necessary for payroll to process.
If you love creating awesome experiences for employees and providing great customer service, we invite you to join our Human Resources team as our Training Coordinator.Duties
We are looking for a candidate that has the ability to work with many HR systems. This will primarily be the Learning Management System (LMS) but will also include the payroll side of HRMS.
- Coordinate New Employee Orientation (NEO), Sexual Harassment, Diversity, Managing for Performance and other trainings as requested, including ensuring all materials are printed for each participant.
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Respond to questions from employees and troubleshoot issues in the LMS
- Create classes and courses in LMS
- Enter updates for current employees and on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Enter and mark completions for classes based on attendance.
- Run monthly reports.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing (timesheets, employee inquiries, etc.)
- In consultation with senior HR staff, interprets, explains and applies human resource rules, policies, regulations, or procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social or Organizational Behavior Sciences, or related field.
- Equivalent education/experience.
Highly Desired Qualification:
- Six months or more of experience using the Learning Management System (LMS) as a training coordinator or administrator.
Supplemental InformationHOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed on-line application which includes current phone numbers and valid email addresses. You can create and application profile on http://www.careers.wa.gov by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on top of this page.
- Letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position
- Resume, detailing experience and education as it relates to the position
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with current contact numbers and email addresses.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.