Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly Job Opportunity Board. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We are looking for a driven, innovative, experienced business leader to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis industry.
As the Vice President of Government Relations, you will help drive the global expansion of the legal cannabis industry via business development partnership, relationships with regulators and policymakers, market assessment and corporate strategy.
Adult-use and medical cannabis is legalizing around the world at a rapid rate.
Leafly can play a major role in ensuring that this expansion is done safely, partnering with government entities to set the right policies and regulations, help define education and business opportunities.
You will drive and own this strategy in partnership with the General Counsel, Chief Strategy Officer and CEO, and will execute with a combination of strategic vision, entrepreneurial drive and follow-through.
The role will have a major focus on leveraging existing global relationships to identify key government partners and opportunities; developing an opportunity roadmap to work with government partners in the U.S., Canada, and around the world; and working on risk mitigation strategies for business expansion.
The candidate will have a track record of building relationships with key government decision-makers in an analogous industry.
They will provide steady strategic leadership in an incredibly dynamic, ever-changing environment.
They will be able to assess risk versus opportunity to move quickly and capitalize on opportunities.
This person must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, have strong presentation skills, and be able to form long-lasting relationships.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Tracking developments in cannabis legislation around the world and advising the Company on key developments, including research on pending legislation, policy developments, trends, and regulatory enforcement actions;
- Identifying opportunities and developing advocacy plans that support the strategic objectives of the organization;
- Establishing partnerships with lobbyists, industry advocates, policymakers and regulators;
- Educating regulators and policymakers regarding the cannabis industry and Leafly’s role in the industry;
- Fostering positive brand recognition for Leafly through development of effective communications strategies and meaningful business partnerships;
- Retaining and managing outside lobbyists and third-party advocacy support;
- Developing and executing on business development plans, based on needs and demands identified through advocacy activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years management experience
- Proven ability to build relationships at the highest level of government
- Ability to articulate company positions on public policy issues to internal and external audiences and stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Creative problem solving skills in untested areas of law and policy
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
- Track record of performance excellence
- JD and/or MBA preferred
- Experience with a technology product
- Strategic thinker who stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his/their team
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.