Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Kush Marketplace is hiring a Senior Revenue Accountant to be an integral part of launching and building the Finance team in our rapidly growing company.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will oversee and handle the various aspects of the Revenue functions, including invoicing, collections, monthly metrics, commission, and sales tax.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Primary daily point of contact for business partners
- Monitor, reconcile and analyze revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled AR
- Put together scalable mechanisms to support business and program operations processes.
- Own projects aimed at improving internal productivity. Be responsible for training and sales enablement tasks in order to allow the sales team to be more effective in their product knowledge, systems use and sales process.
- Create strategies to drive all teams to work cohesively, optimizing each to maximize revenue
- Work with the VP of Sales to optimize existing revenue models and create new revenue streams
- Be a leader in the design, implementation, and testing of systems and processes for all aspects of the order to cash cycle
- Participate in the development, documentation and execution of policies and procedures
- Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end processes and reporting
- Create reporting and analytical capabilities to enable informed and insightful business-impacting decisions. Analyze initiatives and processes and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with the Product team and all revenue owners to implement cross-team solutions and processes.
- Assist in creating commission models that support the objectives of the organization
- Manage the cash, collections & revenue processes of the Company’s month-end close process including, review of subscription revenue schedules, journal entries, collections & revenue reconciliations.
- Assist external accountants on monthly/quarterly consolidation process including cash management, expense accruals, intercompany adjustments and elimination entries
- Prepare accrual-basis financial reporting, ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis for internal reporting
- Be able to analyze and solve problems quickly and creatively with attention to detail
- Be able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment and work independently with strong planning and prioritization skills
- Have a positive attitude and great communication skills
- Be willing to learn and take on new tasks both related and unrelated to accounting
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex (five entities, various revenue streams), fast-paced environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level.
- Able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proven experience working with multi department operations such as Sales, Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Legal.
- Prepare and enter month-end close related journal entries including detailed analysis to ensure that accruals and other balances are properly stated
- Manage and track all revenue based balance sheet reconciliations including unbilled revenue, deferred revenue, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of monthly reporting packages provided to the Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the team to complete requests from external auditors, tax accountants and other advisors
- Support systems migration in the planning and implementation phases
- Assist with the adoption and ongoing requirements of new accounting standards, including ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Provide support when needed for other daily accounting operations (tax, revenue accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable)
- Document accounting procedures and monitor internal controls
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Daily high volume processing and reconciliation of cash receipts for domestic and international sales
- Review and data entry of daily customer refund activity
- Assist in reconciling, resolving and/or writing off outstanding aged accounts receivable balances
- Assist in supporting customer service requests including researching customer refunds and processing credits
You must have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3-6 years of accounting related work experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) business or Big 4 accounting firm
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, specifically when it comes to revenue recognition
- Proficient at Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel, knowledge of automated revenue recognition tools, Expensify and/or Carta a plus
- Willingness to dig into the details, problem solve, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Must be motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Have the opportunity to grow and build new skill sets as you build out the finance group.
- Work in a fun, fast paced start-up environment
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done
Kush is growing exponentially.
Back in 2014, we were the first legal cannabis tour company in Seattle but our pivot in 2017 to a digital cannabis and hemp marketplace is blowing up.
Our marketplace was first to market and is the only multi-state platform for licensed cannabis buyers and sellers.
Think e-bay for wholesale buyers and sellers of cannabis and hemp.
Our print & digital advertising product and trade shows has proven an excellent lead source for growth and has allowed us to build a stellar brand in the rapidly growing marijuana industry.
We are now poised to take our company national.
Our mission is to drive the cannabis and hemp industry toward responsible growth and global acceptance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- revenue: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Seattle, WA 98134 (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off