Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America.
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents.
Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
High Park Company develops and distributes world-class cannabis brands for the adult-use market in Canada and Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America.Together, we strive to improve quality of life through cannabis, by leading, legitimizing and defining the future of the global industry.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for overseeing all areas of corporate accounting and financial reporting, including accounts payable, payroll, revenue recognition, budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and related policies and practices.
This position ensures accurate and timely records and reports, and implements systems, procedures and controls to maintain the integrity of all financial data.
Roles and responsibilities
- Leading the monthly/quarterly/annual financial period closing process performed by the corporate accounting department, accurate and timely reporting of financial data, including communication of results and variance to Corporate management.
- Provide oversight, direction and assistance to shared service centers performing accounting, payroll, general ledger, budgeting and financial reporting duties.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of the Consolidated Internal and External Finance Statements, Reporting, Planning and Analysis, including oversight of the 10K/10Q/8K reporting.
- Lead role in development & implementation of financial processes / improved financial policies, working with key business partners throughout the global organization.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies consistent and standard with US corporate and US GAAP, SOX coordination and remediation.
- Responsible for and Maintaining and enforcing a strong financial control environment, and US GAAP conversions / accounting.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise to various business units.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the ERP system.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Finance to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve parent company goals and initiatives.
- Provide training to the accounting personnel to develop their skills to meet future needs of the company.
- BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ direct work experience in public and industry accounting; preferably with experience in a manufacturing and agricultural or pharmaceutical setting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high-growth environment.
- Start-up company and/or SEC public company experience an advantage
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements required.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems required
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.