Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly Job Opportunity Board. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly is seeking a Senior Content Strategist to join its talented Content team.
Reporting to the Director of Content, this role will identify content opportunities based on both external and internal data, including SEO opportunities, user demographics and interests, business goals, and other data insights.
Not only will you support the creation of new content and recommend ways to refresh and breathe new life into existing content, you’ll make information architecture and user flow recommendations for existing and future content projects based on your love of data, industry best practices, and a li’l penchant for testing to find that sweet spot.
Our ideal candidate enjoys diving into data, Scrooge McDuck-style, and running A/B or multivariate tests to make informed decisions that drive successful content strategies.
Taxonomy and analytics are your preferred playground, and you have the ability to see both the big picture and the minute details required to refine and create industry-leading content in the cannabis space.
You also possess a strong storytelling eye and are passionate about creating compelling and targeted content.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Content and the content team to inform them of content opportunities and best practices as driven by SEO, user testing, and other data input
- Audit existing content and make recommendations for improvement in copy, layout/build, and rich media creation
- Collaborate with the design department and their UX content team to manage design- and dev-heavy content projects
- Work with the Director of Content and marketing leads on landing pages, content taxonomy/organization, and user flow projects
- Help build and manage a small team of strategists and digital editors, coaching them on content best practices
- Plan, test, and refine content, with a focus on informational stories and resources designed to educate medical marijuana patients and new cannabis consumers
- Understand and execute/recommend SEO and content taxonomy best practices
- Run tests and implement successful results for optimum user experience and engagement
- Help hone the voice, tone, style, and point of view of Leafly’s informational resources
- Help plan the creation and deployment of content by prioritizing key content goals
- Work with a robust set of tools to test, track, and refine content performance
- Manage dedicated content projects and campaigns and lead content strategy for successful build, execution, and launch
- Collaborate with editors, writers, UX designers, CMS developers, and marketers to achieve Leafly’s content goals
- Manage a small but growing team of content strategists and serve as the point person for CMS developers to provide direction that aligns with key projects and departmental goals
- 7+ years of content strategy experience across a variety of media projects (articles, videos, infographics, interactive content, social media), especially for mobile audiences
- Experience creating and testing compelling/successful digital content, with familiarity across both B2B and B2C content a plus
- Strong understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices
- Proficiency in running A/B and/or multivariate testing and interpreting data to inform strategy
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics or similar analytics tools
- Experience managing a small team and providing ongoing direction/guidance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google suite, and ability to work closely with tech teams via communication tools such as Slack, Trello, and the Atlassian suite
- Experience with WordPress or a similar CMS system
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business, Marketing, or other relevant area of study
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please include a sample of your work that displays your experience creating or informing content strategy across a range of types and topics.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.