Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com Job Opportunity Board. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information.
Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world.
We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly is seeking a Branded Content Producer, USA to join Leafly’s North American Branded Content team.
This role will be a crucial member of the revenue team, helping build, influence and scale Leafly’s business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategically creative minded person with experience leading and managing teams.
This position reports to the Director of Branded Content, North America and will be based out of our Seattle office.
The ideal candidate will be a strategically creative minded person with strong experience in content creation, production management and client management ideally in the in the digital space.
The Branded Content Producer’s main responsibility is to produce all branded content to ensure successful production and delivery while being on budget.
This person has high standards of oneself and others, and is meticulous, friendly, passionate, curious about the world and culture, tireless, and has a galvanizing quality in team atmospheres.
She or he is detail-oriented and organized, industrious, and a strategic and creative thinker who works efficiently in a very fast-paced environment that demands scrutiny and critical thinking at all times.
- Produce, shoot, write, edit, assign, build, and publish sponsored videos and articles on cannabis news and culture in categories such as science, health, cannabis 101, products, industry, and lifestyle
- Work with clients in and outside of the cannabis industry, developing custom content that seamlessly fits Leafly’s voice and brand guidelines while simultaneously meeting the needs of sponsoring advertisers.
- Work with strategic business partners to develop original branded content customized to fit their needs and support omni-channel growth initiatives
- Work with SEO, data, photography, video, digital marketing, sales, and account management team members to ensure success, drive client satisfaction, and pave the way for future sales.
- Work with our branded editorial team to create storylines for sponsored editorial content.
- Help supervise and advocate for the Branded Content team across North America
- Collaborate with Leafly’s Editorial team to balance Leafly’s journalistic responsibilities with the needs of advertisers and clients
- Collaborate on developing the overarching content strategy for the Branded Content department, helping to create new products and distribution channels, with a keen eye for client success
- Identify and create opportunities for Leafly to collaborate with advertisers and partners in and out of the cannabis space on sponsored content and in more novel, outside the box partnerships
- Stay abreast of developments, trends, and regulations around sponsored content and native advertising and ensure Leafly is leading, not following
- Stay abreast of emerging studies and scientific developments in the cannabis space to ensure the team’s ability to represent our advertising partners accurately with references to the most cutting-edge and credible sources
- Represent Leafly at industry events and identify beneficial partnerships with new and growing brands
- Become an expert at understanding the ever-evolving cannabis advertising guidelines across the United States
- Represent the interests of the Branded Content department to other Leafly departments
- Advance and evangelize consistent, best in class brand standards that embody innovation, credible and approachable values
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of content in marketing communications through rigorous quality control, proper execution, proofing, and fact checking
- Leverage data and analytics to refine processes and improve future content.
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in sponsored video content, branded content, content marketing, ad agency or similar field
- Effortlessly manage multiple projects with the ability to switch from one to the other while maintaining context and relentless prioritization
- Creative and digitally fluent
- Experience in building robust and scalable content creation systems and processes from the ground up in a rapid growth environment
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe CC, Sketch and digital media, including some familiarity with HTML and CSS
- You are fluent in digital and print production
- You’re comfortable shooting photos and video with desire to advance and master your craft
- You are a collaborative team player, ready and willing to work as a member of a high-performing company
- You do not need to be told what to do. You know instinctively how to manage your time and have a naturally born desire to create
- Strong problem-solving skills is a must; ability to juggle multiple projects taking in data from multiple sources and follow through on deliverables
- Organized, detail-oriented, customer-service focused and positive
- Thorough understanding of digital media and advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Detail-oriented and diligent work ethic with excellent organizational, project and time management
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply